VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Ugh! I can so sympathize! Many, many dinners with family and "friends" have gone this way... you have my condolences! Good on you for biting your tongue! It's hard to do, but always the best choice.

Again, I SOOOO feel for you!

I *do* have to say though, that my kids have probably eaten VERY similar meals when with a huge group of grown-ups/family/etc... It's usually far simpler for everyone's sanity, to just let them eat crap (or whatever they wanted) on special once-a-year occassions than to police every bite going into their mouth. (Of course, I didn't make empty threats either - if they were going to eat crap, I just let them, no apologies). They quickly discovered for themselves that they did NOT like the cocktail weenies or salmon pate` and I didn't have to say a WORD! And the handfulls of cookies? Eh... I know they don't eat like that 364 days out of the year, regardless of how "bad" a parent I appear for that one day...

Yeah, don't throw rotton produce at me - my kids behave perfectly respectably now and usually even eat all their veggies!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts