VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a pair of Earth Vegan shoes.

Which when I was at WholeFoods, they had ONE pair of mens, and it was my exact size, and the style I wanted - awesome!

All I have to say is WOW! These are soooooooooooooooo comfortable. Worth every penny ($110). I was wearing some walmart 20$ before and let me tell you, these are so so so so much better.

Some sort of reverse heel that makes your heel lower then your toes, like how you stand in sand or something. Supposed to fix bad postures n stuff too... whatever it is, you can definatly tell the difference.

I recommend Earth Vegan 100%.

oh and they come inside reusable hemp bags insted of plastic

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keep in mind that Earth Shoes are made in China under the usual sweatshop conditions. They are owned by MDI shoe, which is also a primary shoe provider for Walmart. Earth Shoes are not environmentally friendly, despite the name. Two thumbs down, regardless of comfort or quality. There are more ethical, better choices out there for vegans.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.earth.us/showyoucare.asp

Quote:
Like the true believers who embrace the Earth brand, we take seriously our responsibility to sustain and foster our ecosystem-to preserve our natural world for generations to come.And we live our commitment by supporting conservation groups who care for our health, water, air, land, and wildlife. To that end, Earth is proud to announce our 'Show You Care' program for 2006.For every pair of shoes sold at retail and registered at earthshare.earth.us, we will make a contribution to Earth Share, a network of the nation's leading environmental & conservation organizations.
If you've bought Earth brand you can go to that link and submit your info and they will donate "$1 directly to helping protect the environment."

edit> earth vegan is also certified by the Vegan Society whatever thats worth.

edit2> If you havent bought any shoes, but still want them to donate 1$ use UPC 69225711811 and enter your other info.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycler View Post

Keep in mind that Earth Shoes are made in China under the usual sweatshop conditions. They are owned by MDI shoe, which is also a primary shoe provider for Walmart. Earth Shoes are not environmentally friendly, despite the name. Two thumbs down, regardless of comfort or quality. There are more ethical, better choices out there for vegans.
Quote:
Earth has been in the shoe business since the early 1970's. We are a family owned and operated Company, with many of our associates feeling part of that family. For many years, we designed and manufactured shoes for the most famous brands, and we take great pride in making superior footwear products.

We have a passion for healthy living. A few years ago we found a way to share that passion by making the famous Earth shoes available once again. As soon as Earth was re-launched, we received many thanks from people who had been searching for Earth all over the world. We are not kidding or exaggerating. We actually have received thousands of messages from Earth wearers telling us how thrill ed they are to see us back. . That degree of loyalty can only be found in a product one can trust.

We are a very socially and environmentally responsible company, and we manufacture shoes in many Countries throughout the world. We have been manufacturing in China for the past ten years, because this allows us to be competitive with the rest of the shoe industry, and to provide you with the very best value. Family members and executives go there frequently to watch operations and working conditions. Our C ompany operates with the highest standards. We are proud to say we have been a factor in changing the workers way of life. The factory and offices are up to par with many US plants, and our workers enjoy a lifestyle above Asian standards. In short, Earth and other US companies operating in China's special industrial zones, have created a new life for Chinese workers. We are pushing the envelope and raising the bar, fighting for better living and better environment. We have and will continue to influence changes to improve people's quality of life everywhere on Earth.

We welcome our customer's input, which is shared throughout our organization.

We make it a priority to answer your emails and calls. Please feel free to contact us with your comments or questions.

Thank you,

Your friends on Earth
Yeah a subsidiary of MDI, but I personally dont have a problem supporting the environmental wing of a company. Similar to why i still by Odwalla bars (owned by coke), or why some people (not me) will by the veggie burger at burger king, or buy hybrids from huge car companies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.