VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the news today and they talked about the trouble we are in, well it was the push I needed.

Questions

1) How can i live a earth friendly diet?

2)What books do you recommend for a earth friendly diet / life?

3) Any earth friendly tips?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off, and this is a common mistake *everyone* makes, including me.

We try to think what can *we* or what can I do to help things. It's an individualist mindset. Breaking free of it will help.

Since you only have a limited amount of time, first think of what things you can do to contribute to organizations. Next, talk to people in power, i.e. politicians, get your friends to do this also. With one pen mark then can save more animals and you'll ever eat (or some meat eater).

It was Martin Luther Kings birthday not too long ago. Why was he so important? He himself had no power, but he could rally others to action.

So building up a coherent message, selling ideas, staying positive--all these things will help.

Next, get an energy audit. I think they are free. It will show you were the energy is being used. If you have space for a garden, do that. It uses no oil, unlike shipping vegetables around from Mexico or California or overseas. It's great exercise, and I can tell you I get in shape from it (this vegetarian is stronger than all my friends, haha). If you really go all out, buy a car runs on natural gas or regular gasoline. I think GM makes some. They aren't too different-hoses, seals, etc. or better yet, get a really good bike if you have good weather. If you own a lawn, or will someday, dig up that grass and plant vegetation that is ?*native* to the area. It won't take maintenance or water and will look great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts