VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
adapt. evolve. become
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this last week at Whole Foods. I liked the taste, but then after only a week it got too watery.. Has anyone else tried this? It's soy free vegan mayo.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
The only vegan mayo I have available in my area is Vegenaise. I find that it does get watery, but only after a few weeks when there is little left in the jar.
Next time my daughter goes to Whole Foods, I'll have her pick up a jar of the EB one for me...I'd like to try it.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Something that should help keep it from getting really watery is to make sure you use extremely clean utensils when getting it out of the jar (and no fingers
). Mayo is an emulsion, a mixture of things that don't normally mix; contaminants can break the emulsion.

·
adapt. evolve. become
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded_amaranth View Post

Something that should help keep it from getting really watery is to make sure you use extremely clean utensils when getting it out of the jar (and no fingers
).
Mayo is an emulsion, a mixture of things that don't normally mix; contaminants can break the emulsion.
Oops, hehe.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I found this in my local grocery store! I love it...way better than Vegenaise and I really like Vegenaise. I'm only 1/4 of the way down so far. I'm curious about it turning watery since it's what I don't like about Vegenaise and the EB mayo is so much thicker to start with. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts