VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Earth Balance I have smells really fruity, just like apples. It's only been in the fridge about two weeks or less, it was in the freezer before that. I've used Earth Balance before many times and it never smelled like anything. I didn't see any expiration date on the box, so I just tossed it. Was it really bad? Or has anyone else ever had Earth Balance that smelled that way?

Oh, and it didn't absorb any flavor or scent of anything else in my fridge because there isn't anything in there that is fruity or smells that way.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Huh, I've been using EB for quite a while and never noticed something like that. And I've sometimes had mine in there for a couple of months with no problems on expiration or going bad.

Not sure what to make of your fruity smell. Will have to smell my current tub to see if I can discern any scent.

Wonder if storing it in the freeze brought out something that otherwise wouldn't have been noticed? I've never stored mine in the freeze.

Maybe someone else can weigh in with a bit more info/help.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I can't imagine what it could be. I use so much of it that it doesn't have time to go bad! And sometimes I leave it out on the counter for a few hours before putting it away. I've never had a problem with it going bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently all the tubs of Earth Balance I buy have an unusual smell and disagreeable flavor. My wife says she cannot tell any difference but it is night and day for me. I used to love this stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts