VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an e-mail list I run for EarthSave Nashville.<br><br><br><br>
I sent out a bunch of e-mail notices about a meeting we are having next week.<br><br><br><br>
Several of these notices "bounced," some on the basis that the user is over his/her message "quota."<br><br><br><br>
So I call one of these women. Miraculously, she answers the phone. She gives me this big story about how she is working 7 days a week, her computer is down, etc. Uh, so, what does this mean? Does this mean she wants me to take her off our contact list? She does not say. Why is she paying for an e-mail address that is basically non-functional? She doesn't say.<br><br><br><br>
I have been *assuming* that if people wanted off the list, they would ask; otherwise, I assume they want to be on the list.<br><br><br><br>
But is this assumption wrong? Is expecting people to say "please take me off your list" too much to expect?<br><br>
Is my time and trouble in contacting them meaningless/worthless? Do they think I am their slave?<br><br><br><br>
What would you do?<br><br><br><br>
It is really not worth my time trying to contact people by phone or mail if they really are in the "Twilight Zone" someplace and cannot be bothered.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i think i'd just email them as usual and if it bounces it's their problem not yours. don't put too much effort into contacting them, but maybe wait a few days and try to email them again in case they cleaned out their inbox in the meantime. i wouldn't take them off the list til they asked unless it bounces every time for more than a few weeks

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Joe, consider using a proper email newsletter script that allows people to subscribe or unsubscribe at their own leisure. It will make it much easier for you to maintain.<br><br><br><br>
I use the Pro version of SubscribeMe ($149.00 USD). But the Lite (free) version is very good and can handle thousands of subscribers. You can see more about the free version here:<br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.siteinteractive.com/subscribe/" target="_blank">http://www.siteinteractive.com/subscribe/</a>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts