VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i'm job-searching (the seemingly never ending feat) and trying to contact local people/businesses by e-mail who work in fields that i have interest in. this is the e-mail i am sending:

Hello,

My name is Bethany and I was wondering if you might know of anyone in your field (or you, yourself) who may need some assistance? I would love to find a position working for a company that offers a service/product/etc. that assists in making the world a healthier and happier place. I strive to do this in my personal life and would find it extremely rewarding to be part of a business that allows me to honor my beliefs as well as utilize what knowledge I have in regards to these fields. (Just some) topics of interest: veganism/vegetarianism, holistic health, whole foods, organics, environmental preservation, and animal activism. I have a full resume with great referrals to offer upon request.

Thank-you so much for your time and have a beautiful day!

i have gotten such great response (well, as far as well wishes and networking ideas....no job opportunities yet) so this one was quite unexpected. i don't plan on responding since we all know how it is to get into debate, no matter how friendly it is. for whatever reason though, i felt like sharing it with all of you. nothing new i suppose, but what do you think?

Dear Bethany,

My name is _____, and I just read your dear letter. I must say it is a good way for you to find rewading work.

At this time my practice is growing and I am being pulled in the direction of educating our communities on diet. As a longtime health-care practioner with many years in the field, and much studying, I would encourage you not to promote a "vegan" diet for yourself, or more importantly to anyone seeking your professional opinion. Vegan diets are very dangerous, particularly for children, young woman who want to ever get pregnant and

raise a child, or moms who want to breast feed. Animal fats are essential to human life. You cannot sustain life without cholesterol. The single food to make a brain, nervous system or all hormones.

I am part of a group called the Weston A Price Foundation, and it is our goal to teach individuals and farmers how to eat and raise healthy humane animals on small, sustainable farms where they are outside eating grasses to produce healthy nourishing fats!!!!

I know it is common to see "alternative" health practioners promote vegan diets, but it is very misguided. Non of our indigenous tribes of Indians around the world were ever vegans. They all ate copious amounts of animal fat, in the way of fish, fish eggs, organ meats from willd game, the fat or blubber from sea mammals, butter and milk (espescially cultured or soured raw milk) from camels, yaks, cows, goats, sheep or other ruminants.

I know this is a lot to throw at you, but ironically, you wrote me a letter and this is my passion!!! To teach our young people how to eat and grow their own nutrient-dense foods.

I have been on a campaign to stop the FDA from attacking our small farmer who is producing our raw milk, butter, yogurt and cheese. I am beginniing to teach mothers of small children with autism and other nerve degenerative diseases the importance of good healthy animal fat. (Children who don't eat enough animal fat or who had mothers who have been on low-animal fat diets, have an increase risk to autism!!)

I would love to teach you more, if you are going to be treating or teaching people in any community, please educate yourself with sound intelligent science. Chinese medicine is also a big proponent of healthy animal fat as well as all other ancient cultural medicnes.

An incredibly interesting website is the WAPF.org, if you prefer reading, let me refer you to NUTRITION AND DEGENERATIVE DISEASE by Dr. Weston A. Price. I have been studying it for a few months and recommend it highly. There is so much knowledge that needs to be taught, we just have to be careful it is sound and healthy and of course time-proven. Please keep an open mind and read, read, read.

Sincerely

P.S. feel free to call me if you want to learn more, or help me in my endeavors of educating our community, 734-

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
not that I agree with it or anything, but I thought it was surprisingly polite when she could have just been an *******.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Weston A Price? Run!

BTW, have Europeans taken to calling every non-white indigenous tribal culture "Indians"? That's actually the term given to the indigenous people of the Americas by the first Renaissance Europeans to set food on the New World, because they thought they had found a route to India. Or are they talking about the groups of people from India who've migrated all over the world?

Anyway, this person does not sound like they have paying work for you, and it does not sound like you want to work for them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I would love to see the research to back up some claims he/she makes. such as low animal fat diet causing autism. i have never heard that one, and it makes no sense just thinking about it, the majority of the population is omni, so if this claim is true why are kids autistic if it has to do with low animal fat??

uggh, i like the sentence "please educate yourself".........i think we can see who needs to be educated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

so, has there actually ever been a full scientific study of veganism and child development?
Yes. It's been scientifically proven that meat helps starving children grow better than vegetable oil does.

Meat is healthier than pure liquid fat! What more proof do you need that a vegan diet is deadly!

DISCLAIMER: I was being sarcastic...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Animal fats are essential to human life. You cannot sustain life without cholesterol. The single food to make a brain, nervous system or all hormones.
I'd be seriously afraid of a medical practitioner who is unaware that we do not need to consume cholesterol because our bodies make cholesterol from the fats (animal or plant) that we eat.

What a dunce.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoluvr View Post

uggh, i like the sentence "please educate yourself".........i think we can see who needs to be educated.
i know, i think this sentence was my favorite. insanity.

btw the author is female, just as an afterthought (though quite irrelevant).

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCola View Post

Yes. It's been scientifically proven that meat helps starving children grow better than vegetable oil does.

Meat is healthier than pure liquid fat! What more proof do you need that a vegan diet is deadly!
You've been reported.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That person is obviously not a veg*an and is only here to put us down and prove us wrong. They're a troll. Did you read that post?

A vegan diet is deadly?! Bullhonkey.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandcuffedAngel View Post

That person is obviously not a veg*an and is only here to put us down and prove us wrong. They're a troll. Did you read that post?

um...I think they were being sarcastic. Referencing that stupid study where they compared kids given added meat to kids given added vegetable oil on otherwise starvation diets.

Maybe I read the ton of the post wrong though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandcuffedAngel View Post

is someone not reading the whole thread or am i being accused of some wrong doing? hm.....

ETA: NEVERMIND, i think i follow now

1 - 20 of 36 Posts