VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wondered whether anyone could confirm that the Aunt Bessie dumplings (frozen) are vegan? They state 'Suitable for Vegetarians', and don't declare egg or milk as allergens, so as far as I can tell they are, but would just like a sanity check from anyone on here who might know.

Sarah

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldman_dancing View Post

There are some not very nice ingredients in there, but nothing of animal origin.
Oh, definitely. They are only a very occasional item here, but have them as a back up for when I'm really busy.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

I just wrote to them and asked them to create a vegan yorkshire pudding. I miss yorkshire puddings. Big, plate-sized ones with my dinner in them. Mmmm...
Same here! I loved their veggie toad-in-the-hole too.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
My dad tried to make yorkshire pudding vegan once but it failed quite badly! Maybe egg replacer would work? I've never used it, but since it's meant to act like egg, it could do the trick. Actually you've inspired me... I might try this next week!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Oh my I'm not sure I want to try now....! That is fustrating
I never actually liked them as a kid but I think I would now, if vegan ones existed!

It's rare to find something really difficult to veganise, but rubbish when you do!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I made an awesome vegan toad in the hole yeaaaars ago. I wasn't paying any attention to what I put in - but there wouldn't have been any special ingredients, I was at my Gran's house -but it turned out really well. The only thing I could think of when I couldn't recreate the yorkshire pudding was that my Gran had an electric oven (I've always had gas).

Most pointless story ever?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldman_dancing View Post

I made an awesome vegan toad in the hole yeaaaars ago. I wasn't paying any attention to what I put in - but there wouldn't have been any special ingredients, I was at my Gran's house -but it turned out really well. The only thing I could think of when I couldn't recreate the yorkshire pudding was that my Gran had an electric oven (I've always had gas).

Most pointless story ever?
I was using electric.

Need to keep trying, though.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
^ That's what my dad tried when it went horribly wrong, although he tried just gram flour + liquid (which is our standard first call for egg replacing!), so it might work with some other things too.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i have a cookbook somewhere with a recipe for toad in the hole in it. could dig it up and post it if people want. it didnt work for me, but my old oven was rubbish and even cakes didnt rise

·
Registered
313 Posts
Might as well post it, eh? We could conduct a study across the thread to see if it's down to the individual or the recipe that leads to FAIL ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts