VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate when I don't follow my rules..... tonight I saw a guy I knew and said g'day to him (breaking my anti-social don't-greet rules).

And that was it; I was stuck talking to him. The thing that made it worse than in general circumstances was he was quite drunk, and stank of beer and cigarettes.

He kept repeating things over and over, and I was wondering why is he bothering trying to be sociable (I soon wondered why he was even bothering with staying alive).

It was SOOOO tedious, and he was so pathetic. I'm sticking to my rules to the letter from now on.

Another time I was picking someone up from a Christmas party and while there some drunk guy was talking to me. I gave every body sign signal that he was boring but on and on he droned. Then he kept shaking my hand and saying we'd catch up for a beer one day. Yeah.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Gee, since I went out last night, I missed out on my brother's alcohol-induced fighting with my dad. From what my dad was telling me about what happened, my brother should be very thankfull - if i were here, I would've called the cops on him.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I see drunks all the time, sometimes they are funny, sometimes pathetic, sometimes they are me! I really cant stand the smell of beer on someone tho. My dad used to be drunk all the time and his "smell" bothered me cuz you could smell him a mile away and he always acted like a total ass.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You could have paid someone to knock him over the head. He'd wake up thinking he simply passed out.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Drunks scare me. The other night, someone that Hub and I know told Hub that he woke up from a black out just in time to realize that he was in the median, doing 90 (in a 60 zone) and heading towards the opposite direction of traffic! This highway is a really busy one in day and night and the idiot could've been killed or worse. To make matters more frightening, he had his kid in the car with him and with the way I've heard he drinks, his blood alcohol must have been at least 4-5 times the legal limit of 0.08! The next night what did he do? Why, of course! Go out with friends and drink like there's no tomorrow. The way he drinks (and drives) there might not be a tomorrow but I fear for the ones that he takes with him when he takes his "last drive".....

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT! YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT AND IT'S NOT FUNNY, CUTE, OR STUDLY. IT'S STUPID! DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

That's my rant for the day but I'm done, now. *steps down from soapbox*

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have been around a bunch of drunks before, but no one so plastered and lonely enough to follow me.

Man, I would just leave where I was at.

And I know what you mean about social rules. Sometimes I get a little hyper and start greeting random people (Normally I don't make eye contact with people unless I'm meeting them. At that point I'm very social). Some take it as flirting. ahahaha. It's pretty funny actually.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Drunks- they remind me *way* too much of my abusive ex-boyfriend.

I almost lost a friend to alcohol because he passed out in the snow and was very close to freezing to death.

In the past two years, someone has been lost and then found weeks later in the lake or river. Both of the men that this has happened to were drunk when they were last seen.

I won't even go into how I feel about drunk drivers.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I really don;t like being around people who are drinking or have been drinking. I don;t understand why otherwise reasonable people want to poison themselves like that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
or you couldve knocked him over the head. that wouldve been funny.

last night i was at this lounge drinking water to rehydrate while i was waiting for my friend to finish up. i was looking down to check my incoming call log on my phone when the bartender grabbed my shoulders to keep me from falling off the stool then he realized i was just using my phone. heehee. he was cute and sweet. his name was jaimie. i love that name.

some drunkards at the place before that took pictures of my feet. i didnt care but it was strange of them b/c i have ugly feet.

i hate drunk drivers. my roommate does that and it makes me mad. then she'll tell me the nxt day or whenever "ooohh man i drove drunk the other night. i should not have been driving. i ran a stoplight." dammit i dont wanna hear about it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My grandad's a filthy drunkard, and my gran's not much better. One time, they both came over to my parents' house, to look after me while they were away. It actually turned out to be me looking after them. My grandad got drunk and went out and sat in the middle of the road in the early hours of the morning, and my gran got rat-arsed and broke loads of stuff in my house (including this really old, valuable, precious ornament inherited from my mum's parents)

*sigh* Alcohol is bad.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
And not all drunks are bad or sick either. Some folks simply go one or two past their limit sometimes and overdo it a bit. Certainly there are those where alcohol alters their personality to a degree or they have adverse reactions to alcohol consumption, such as becoming violent.

I think alcohol just has a different effect on different people, and some folks are simply more prone to addiction than others.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw the same guy tonight (before he was plastered, I guess) and he didn't remember anything he talked to me about. What a waste of my time.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
TAG - I imagine that the first alcohol was made by accident. Soemone let some fruits or grains ferment, and "bam!" - liquid ambrosia.

I'm a bit of a drunkard at times. All in good fun. When I am binge drinking, I am a rowdy drunk. I don't go looking for fights or anything, but I won't pass them up either.

When I get drunk while drinking over the course of an evening, I am a mellow drunk. Then I get emotional and sappy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts