VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drunk at work, drunk at work. well not really anymore, sobering up, was drunk when i woke up (late) this morning. need someone to talk to, can't talk about last night to anyone at work, and i don't feel in a very work-y mood right now, so i'm posting here. what went on last night. memories slowly flooding back. I swear at one point last night he asked me if i was his girlfriend. was he serious? was he joking? don't think he was joking. was he drunk? yeah. i gotta talk to him. i wish it was tonight and i was talking to him. i want to fast-forward this day. i don't want to be at work. i don't want to stay late today because i arrived late. arghh. i don't want to get caught posting this here either. oh man. memory, please work better. clear the head.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
drink lots of water. on your breaks, go for a brisk walk. working up a sweat always helps clear the old system.

i have woken up drunk a few times in my life. it feels nasty, especially when you have to live through a day of toil before you can rest up again.

try to not drink to excess on worknights in the future.

and i hope you sort out our confusion with your friend.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That reminds me of when this guy who lived in my dorm in college and some of the other guys in my hall decided to try to be in the 100 club. 100 shotts in 100 minutes. I am surprised they didn't give themselves alcohol poisoning. Any ways I degress. Only 1 of the 5 made it and I remember him getting up the next day and still being drunk and playing soccer with a bunch of us. Boy was he hating life.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ugh, I sympathize, being hungover today. I really hate it when the memories are foggy, especially when you don't remember how you got home...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kreeli- thanks for the advice. feeling okay now, drank water and coffee, had a bagel and a banana.

superjane- luckily we were at my house all night, that's i guess how i got so drunk, cause i knew i had nowhere to drive. and i was having fun, didn't have anything on my mind beyond enjoying my time with 'him'. but i have definitely had those how-did-i-get-home feelings far too many times....

i can't wait to leave work.

i think we left empty bottles and cigarette butts lying around and i just found out my dad might get home from his business trip today before i get home from work. oh sh*t.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I am sorry that you haven't been feeling that well today.

You got some good advice from Kreeli and the others.

This is not about you, but just about my own feelings in general.

I have always felt extremely uncomfortable when a date would drink heavily. It made me feel that she viewed me as unattractive, if she had to gulp down x glasses of wine to tolerate my presence.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ugh. Im sorry. That feeling is the worst. Dry toast seems to work well.

I hope all goes well with your guy friend.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Excedrin, gatorade-though its best if you can drink it before passing out, and a really really hot shower followed by a really really cold one when you get home.

(Hi, a bit concerned. Black out=not good).

·
Banned
559 Posts
blahh! this is why i don't drink to excess. never been drunk. don't ever plan on it. luckily people respect this when i go out with people or on a date, they take note and don't drink too much themselves. mind you, i can go for some good quality beer at times. hell yes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow, I've never been so drunk that I didn't remember exactly what happened the night before, even if I had a few drinks. I've never had a hangover either, sluggish yes, hangover no.

It's been a longtime scince I've had more than one, or two glasses of wine in one evening, it just makes me too sleepy.

You might want to see if you can pace yourself a little better. There is no legitament to be blind drunk, unless you don't really want to be where you are, or you don't really want to be experiencing whatever's going on. And, if that's the case, there are better ways to deal with a thought, or situation.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Katie I can empathise... I always find I have a hangover if I don't get enough sleep or if I inhaled a lot of smoke from other people's cigarettes (and this is even without drinking mind you)... if I drink and get enough sleep and breathe in no smoke I generally do not have a hangover...

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RedStarJedi

That reminds me of when this guy who lived in my dorm in college and some of the other guys in my hall decided to try to be in the 100 club. 100 shotts in 100 minutes. I am surprised they didn't give themselves alcohol poisoning. Any ways I degress. Only 1 of the 5 made it and I remember him getting up the next day and still being drunk and playing soccer with a bunch of us. Boy was he hating life.
Those must have been 100 shots of beer - 100 shots of hard liquor inless than 2 hours would be impossible.

I disagree with whoever said there is no reason to get blind drunk. Nonsense. A complete tanking from time to time is okay. Granted, I have all the tell-tale signs of a binge drinker, but still...

I usually only get a really bad hangover when I combine drinking with lots of cigars (or worse, cigarettes.)

·
Registered
828 Posts
yes, dry toast is good the next day.

If people are smoking around me, I get more hungover.

I also get less drunk and no hangover if I drink ONLY the same brand of beer all night.

Light excercise is the best cure for a hangover, like a walk. However, it's hard to drag yourself out of bed when you feel that ****ty.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oooh, a reminder of why I never want to get drunk.
I love hearing these stories because I'm reminded that I generally feel pretty good when I've just woken up, and I want it to stay that way. (Unless I've stayed up till 3 posting on VB, in which case I would feel absolutely dead when forced to wake up at 6am.)

But I digress... carry on, carry on with your stories of self-inflicted trama.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Heh. In college I used to drive my car to a friend's house, go out drinking, get trashed, and then catch a ride home with someone else. The next day, I would walk the 5 miles to get my car. Best hangover cure I had...aside from playing basketball.

I once hooped it up the morning after consuming an entire bottle of $8 scotch. My sweat had a definite alchohol content.

If you binge drink, start the night off with some bread/pasta and a bottle of water. Do shots with lite beer as a chaser. I start out with a 2 shot/beer ratio, and work that down to 1 for 1. Down another water after 3 beers. You'll have to pee like a race horse, but the hydration is worth it. (It also gives you the chance to use the "you don't buy beer, you rent it" line in the restroom.) Your last booze for the night should be a beer, followed by lots of water.

Don't mix light liquors with dark, unless you know what you are doing. Never, ever cap a night of dark liquors (Jaeg, whiskey, etc.) with a light one (vodka, tequila, gin). Bad, bad news.

If you do mix light and dark, do so early, and reduce your beer consumption. Lite beer doesn't seem as dependent on the "liquor before beer" rule.

Never mix heavy beers (Guiness, Bass, etc) with light liquors.

And those, my friends, are the perfect rules for excessive drinking. Trust me. I know.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Is there any actual data for these rules? I always hear rules about what to drink and when but I just don't buy it. Here's the rules: If you can order it, drink it. And the best hangover cure bar-none is a pot of hot black coffee, a joint, and a hummer.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Max,

So if you can't order it, don't drink it? I suppose that means a mercury-and-liquid-nitrogen ****tail is out?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh goodness, I totally forgot about the obscenity software. My bad.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Is there any actual data for these rules? I always hear rules about what to drink and when but I just don't buy it. Here's the rules: If you can order it, drink it. And the best hangover cure bar-none is a pot of hot black coffee, a joint, and a hummer.
Just years and years of drinking to excess. Those are all Tame's Rules of Drinking. Do not question them. (The drinking water is scientifically proven, as is the bread/pasta thing. I also read an explanation on the beer before liquor thing, but there are ways around that one.)

I agree about the hummer. Otherwise, the best cure is a couple of Tylenol, followed by a little hair of the dog that bit ya.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
When I get really hammered, I prefer to sleep in the bathtub. That way I can puke, shower, and sleep...sometimes all at the same time

1 - 20 of 35 Posts