VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you all have on your dream pizza?

for me, it'd be pesto and pineapples! i usually get pizza on sunday nights because we don't get mealplan covered at that time....the special only has one ingredient. i either get pesto or pineapples....i used to get extra cheese, sometimes, too....trying to reduce dairy consumption, but cheese is what gets me all the time (never drink milk, i drink silk)

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Thin crust - no cheese - extra sauce - pineapple - green olives - black olives - onion - spinach. Then dip into olive oil mixed with garlic powder & garlic salt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't eat pizza that often, but when I do, I love to go all-out with veggies! Bell peppers, onions, olives (got to get in those healthy fats!
), banana peppers, and spinach are my favorites. If I'm feeling daring I'll add mushrooms, but usually I leave them off. Yum!

I had a pizza a few weeks ago with spinach, feta, and basil- it was amazing! I would definately do that again as well.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Pineapple, guacamole, spaghetti sauce, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Oh yes, mozzerella cheese and crust, too.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm........i love spinach but i've never tried it on pizza......i was raised on cheese pizza because what the nyc pizza parlour sell most often......since coming to midwest i've noticed that a lot more people get toppings on their pizzas.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Since I'm from Chicago (well, a suburb of Chicago) I get a nice thick deep dish pizza from my favorite local pizza place.

My family always likes to get it with pepperoni but I've been making them get it with green peppers and onions instead

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
ooh, a dream pizza.... If we're dreaming, I'd go for a Pepperoni Lover's pizza that was completely vegan but tasted just like the real thing.... vegan cheese that tastes like cheese, now that's a dream.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

vegan cheese that tastes like cheese, now that's a dream.
Hear hear. The kind of cheese that taste right, and gets oily on the top, and stretches out when you pull a slice from the pie or take a bite with your teeth.

For that, I would pay serious money.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My dream pizza would have clowns and me going to work in my underwear on it.

I'm with kpickel and IAJ (a lot of those other pizzas sound completely plausible).

Vegan gourmet is good and all, but it just sort of goes melty on pizza. It tastes good. I guess it's more of a texture thing. It lacks the stringy chewy elasticity you get with real moz. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
My dreampizza would involve mushrooms, olives, green peppers, jalapenos, red onion, sweetcorn, (I'm told it's a british thing, is sweetcorn on pizza) and mozzarella cheese. (Lots of.)

I've been told on many occasions that me and pizza go together like chains and leather.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

My dreampizza would involve mushrooms, olives, green peppers, jalapenos, red onion, sweetcorn, (I'm told it's a british thing, is sweetcorn on pizza) and mozzarella cheese. (Lots of.)
yeah...definately a pommie thing

j/k

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

ooh, a dream pizza.... If we're dreaming, I'd go for a Pepperoni Lover's pizza that was completely vegan but tasted just like the real thing.... vegan cheese that tastes like cheese, now that's a dream.

Okay then mine is the veganized version of what my favorite pizza used to be:

No sauce, all extra cheese.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

sweetcorn, (I'm told it's a british thing, is sweetcorn on pizza)
Yeh, mine would defo involve sweetcorn... and onion! They're the 2 most important toppings after the sauce and cheese.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My dream pizza has brocolli, mushrooms, spinach, roasted garlic, basil, tomatoes, carmelized onions, vegetarian sausage and soy mozarella

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
So...is this a dream pizza thread or is it just one like the other thread where you list what you like on your pizza? I fear I might be missing the point of the dream part of the equation.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts