VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay- I have been having veggieboard dreams all week. How wierd is that?

Even wierder, when I say I have been dreaming about Veggieboards, I really mean that I have been dreaming about Mikie P... *blush*...

But here's why, I think:

I was having problems with my internet connection all this week, and it was really starting to bother me, since I felt that I had a responsibility to be online to moderate... but it was such a scramble to do so. I had to use the internet in all these other places, like my parents' houses and at the lab at school, just to keep up. (Everything is fine now- I fixed it this morning)

Here's the thing: The person I associate most with VB is Mikie P, mainly because he's been around since waaay back at VO, and I always thought he had a wacky sense of humour. When I think of Veggieboards, I think Mikie P.

THEREFORE: I think that in my stressed-out-ed-ness about VB, I kept dreaming about Mikie P because to me he is very linked with my concept of VB as a whole...

For example: last night I was running all over Boston, looking for him. I tried to find him near that builing he licked, and I was looking for healthfood stores, in case he was working there... and all over the place... but I felt like I was on a terrible timeframe the whole time... Which is pretty much how I have felt all week about getting online...

...Of course, that doesn't really explain the dream where I was kissing him... (?!!)

Anyone else been having wierd dreams lately?? Please share, so I don't feel like such a psycho...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I had a wicked dream last night that I was back in highschool, in drama class. This guy that I know now (but didn't know back then) was in my class too. I must confess to having a wicked, puffy-hearting, hot and steamy crush on this dude so I guess I was thinking about him as I drifted off last night. Anyway, he was laughing at me because I was giving the teacher some lame-ass excuse for why I had not been practising my lines outside of school, and then he asked me to meet him in the props room. When I got in there he told me to meet him after school in the woods. I was all like, "yeah, baby!" (because I was easy back then, too). I couldn't wait to get it on in the dirt with this guy. Grrr. Yum. Oo.

Then of course the children woke up and I had to leave my wonderful dream world and make toast, and bananas in soy milk. sigh.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Ok, I had a dream today that was freaky. I was on this show, like Fear Factor, there were no cameras, I just had a feeling I was on a show. Two other people were with me. We got stuck in a garage. The garage was fairly empty and had two doors, one into a crawlspace and one outside. There was a sense of urgency.

So we try to go outside and when we turn the knob, it comes off. So I get down on the ground and notice there's a room behind this shelf. So we go and knock the shelf down (thinking the crawl space was obviously where they wanted us to go), first thing I see is a pile of rags, actually there are rags all over and the room is dark and dirty.

So we check the crawlspace, and again, rags, darkness, and filth. Someone in the garage finds a flashlight so we go back to the room behind the shelf.

As we go in I notice that the rags are actually dead bodies, same in the other room. So as we're walking past the first dead body I see him move his head (I wasn't supposed to - so I know something's up). So we're about half in the room and he gets up and slowly walks towards us. So I'm thinking, either run into the darkness and lay amongst the bodies, hoping the rest are fake and he won't be able to pick me out (but then if I lay down next to a real one that one would eventually scare the crap out of me) or just lay down in the middle of the room with the other (live people) and let them (the dead) do what they want.

Knowing this is a show (or at least thinking so) I'm not terribly frightened but at the same time I'm not sure what they're going to do. So one person and I lay down in the middle of the room and even though the other person initially did not want to they decided to join us after all. So the dead start walking over and piling on top of us. And it's like I can feel the pressure of their bodies and it's getting dark, and harder to breathe...

That's all I remember.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i have loads of wierd dreams. i always dream in colour and often am totally aware that i'm dreaming, a step away from lucid dreaming. i remember at least one dream a day. this morning i was dreaming about planning my wedding, my dress was green but i don't like green.

lol a week or so ago i dreamed i ate a hamburger

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
hmm oh yeah lol. i had a dream about an online friend once. he was naked, but not naughty naked, just creepy standing around outside in public naked. he was so embarassed when i told him. i tried to convince him i didn't see below the waist (i didn't) but he didn't believe me lol

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last night I dreampt about being a cast member for some movie they were filming, and at one point I ran outside of wherever they were filming and it was the lawn and playground outside my old elementary school... and one of the other cast mates turned into this boy I knew, named Jay, and he and I started wrestling outside on the ground... I dunked his head into a puddle when i rolled him over into it, and so he held my arms behind my back and made me eat mud pies. It was all in fun though. We were laughing like crazy.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Avalon!!
That's crazy!

Hellawhoa, Mike, that dream sucks!! That's freekin' freaky!

I haven't been having many dreams lately, I had one a couple weeks ago that I was eating nonvegan stuff at someone's house, and I ate part of a turkey, and I remember the taste and the feel of it on my tongue - I threw up in the dream, it was so real and disgusting <barf>

I could do without that kind of dream

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
my hamburger dream was funny.

i was with someone, i think my bf but not sure now, we sat down and started eating, then my conscious mind kicked in and i thought "oh these are real hamburgers, i'm veg, i can't eat this!" and i dropped the burger and started yelling at whoever gave it to me, then my conscious mind kicked in again and i thought "oh wait, this is a dream, it's NOT a real burger, and hence is not real beef, so i CAN eat it" then i ate it and woke up. strange. i wasn't grossed out though, cause after i realized it wasn't real it just tasted like air

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Lady Faile, that is one of the funniest dreams that I've heard in a long while!

I had two seperate dreams last night about the exact same thing. See, I got closed out of this class I want to take next semester (translation for non-collegians: the class was full already) and I keep checking the online schedule to see if anybody's dropped the class. So far nobody has. Anyway, to the dreams. Both times I dreamed that I was at school, checking the online schedule. And, both times, there was a spot open for me! Then I woke up. I know, I know, a boring wish-fulfillment dream compared to Lady Faile's, but at least I don't dream about abandoning veggieness! ;-) j/k

I also dreamed a few weeks ago that the guy that I like called my house when nobody was there. (No, it isn't wish fulfillment- I don't talk on the phone for fun and had never wished he'd call.) Anyway, the answering machine garbled the message and all I could make out was that it was him that was calling. And then I woke up. If I'd wanted to, I could have turned it into the perfect pick-up line: I could have told him the dream and then said, "Will you please call me again so that I can understand you this time?" But I didn't... I'm not easy nor do I think I really have a chance with him.

I've also had dreams about carbon monoxide poisoning. LOL I truely am a creative person, it's just that the dreams I remember are semi-boring!

Shalom,

Skylark

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't been dreaming much lately now. I had a few, but can't remember them now... I haven't been getting enough sleep to actually dream about anything!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
much sleep?? atleast you have been getting some sleep. count 3 hours, 2 days = majake having devoloped narcolepcy.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
hmm i had a vb dream the other night/morning. i was biking somewhere with 2 members, one was a new member named Roy who is actually a new member at a different community so it was wierd. the other was Mikie but didn't look like him. i have that happen a lot, dream of someone but they look like someone else, but i know it's really them.

anyway the 3 of us were biking in some wierd part of my city that i didn't recognize, and we passed an electronic billboard that had a welcome message for this Roy person that the community chipped in to pay for. then we had to stop somewhere on our way to wherever, it ended up being sort of a daycare but there were no kids there, and we talked to this old woman for a while and then i just biked home alone.

it was pretty wierd and nonsensical.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Majake:

I couldn't possibly have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. You ought to take better care of yourself. You'll develop a cough.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I rarely remember my dreams and just have a sensation of having had something interesting happen while I was asleep. Now, after reading this thread, I'm afraid I'm doomed to dream something about vb tonight and remember it tomorrow. Ought to be interesting cause whenever I do remember a dream it's always action packed.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i would never develope a cough for lack of sleep ,that only happens to silly girls that keep silly boys up till they have to work the next morning.

I finally did get some sleep, yay for me. Slept from 2 till 12:30.

What did i dream about you ask? I guess the question might better read who did i dream about? Its about time she started invading my dreams too, considering how much she invades my thoughts while im awake.

Now the reall odd thing that is happening, it seems that i have been living my life over again. Can't explain it but thats what it feels like is happening. Now if only i knew what was going to happen before it does and not know at the moment its happening that it has happened before.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i dont dream about vb!...i dont even dream about vmb. usually when i smoke bud i dont dream, especially when i use to smoke a shiztnitzload, now though it doesnt matter i can fall asleep all baked and burnt and still have colorful, strange, significant dreams.

here's a dream i had the other night: [might be a rant!]

i was running through the bosque on a trail i normally run on. when i came to where the river would be it was a cliff...i climbed down the cliff, and the river wasnt the rio stinky grande, it was the ocean. i see this cave--(which was in place of where this one sacred spot where the mad apple grows in the bosque would normally b...for some reason i wont cross into it, because the energy is just crazy...real protected.) so im kneeling next to the river, and i howl...i scream...out of fear...but i was calling some1....staring right into the cave...when all of a sudden a head comes bobbing out of it running over to me. some other dude was with the head. so i pick up the head--like nothings strange--real at ease with these peoples nrg...we kinda knew about eachother already, because i knew these were the protectors of this spot, i knew they were magi of some form. so to make a long story short i was talking to a head i was holding in my hands...and i would like unwrap the guys head, as easy as ripping tissue paper, id' put it back together like a puzzle. hmm...THEN later on the kid the head was with pulls out a bottle of so co (or whiskey of some sort)...im explaining to him that i wanna get peddled but im going to munch some mescaline tomorrow so im fasting...for some reason i couldnt comprehend or read the words on the bottle. then all of a sudden!!! the bottle turns to lysterine (u know, the mouth wash!)...him and the head take turns takin swigs. then jerry garcia's cousin comes stubblin into the cave, pulls a bottle of lysterine outta his bag and starts chuggin it...

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I had an interesting dream on my lunch break this morning. I shut off my alarm and ended up coming back 30 minutes late.

I'm at the counter of what appears to be a bank. An unidentifiable friend is behind me. In front of me there is a counter, a beautiful teller, and then a large window that looks outside.

So my friend is behind me, the beautiful teller is right in front of me but she has her head down and is writing something, and I'm just standing there picking my nose and eating my boogers. My friend nudges me in the back (he can't see what I'm doing) and says "look that girl is staring at you". Right outside the window is a girl staring in at me.

So I'm totally embarrassed hoping she didn't see me but I knew that she had because she was just staring right at me with this blank look on her face. So out of my mouth I spit a booger (not snot - just a booger) right over the tellers head and straight at the window and it hits the glass and sticks right where her forehead is.

The teller in front of me, who somehow had not witnessed any of this suddenly straightens up and says "I know what you did! Get out! Get out now!" and she was really upset like her feelings were hurt. So I feel really bad and start walking out. On the end of the counter is a box of Kleenex, I take one out and offer to clean it up, I practically beg her to clean it up, I just can't stand that I hurt her feelings (remember, she's beautiful) but she won't let me.

I know there was more but that's all I remember. Probably a good thing.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts