VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Kat New's post this came to mind...

I thought that I would also share this with you guys - I love all of your input!

On my first night of becoming a vegitarian 3 years ago I had a most disturbing dream!

I read up about vegitarianism on the internet, Peta, Vegan Street, Animal Cruelty, etc. So I made the commitment to turn veggie that day! Then later that very same night (get ready this is really spooky) I dreamt that in the slaugtherhouse the roles were reversed, we humans were all being slaughtered by big cows!

I know it was so weird and so different! The cows had on approns and were carring butcher knives and you all know what happens next! I have to say that this was the most horrific and vivid dream that I have ever had in my life!

I wonder what it all means!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I have dreams with vegetarian and animal rights themes all the time. It's pretty disturbing. A lot of times I dream that I get up and go on a rant, yelling at people and they just ignore me. I also dream that I can't get away from animal products, that the govt. is trying to make me eat pig fat.

While we were doing this fetal pig dissection in high school (I was the one doing the dissecting, my partner wasn't into it), I couldn't eat chicken bc it reminded me of the muscle tissue I had just dissected. I made a little connection. I then had a dream that I was in line in the cafeteria, and the lunch lady held up a cows head on a stick. When I was horrified with disgust, she said, "But you eat meat, don't you?"

I still didn't become vegetarian for many years later, but I think that was a sign.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I haven't had "slaughter house" dreams, but I had an odd one the other night (I think Stephen King would have been proud):

I dreamt that there was a really good smell running through the house. It was an almost heavy and sweet smell that smelled of my favorite spices. In my dream, I went out on the back deck to ask Hub what he was cooking and there was this bull, with huge horns on his head, a BBQ apron on, and a spatula in hand, flipping what looked like pieces of steak on the grill. The bull looked up at me and said "you do like yours medium-rare, don't you?" and before I could answer, he flipped a piece of the steak and it was Hub's face with his glasses still on and everything!! yyyYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
I sat up straight in bed with a bolt and it took me a long while to get back to calmed so I could try to go back to sleep. Just before I laid back down, though, I felt the top of Hub's head, just to make sure there were no bull hornes coming out.....

It was the oddest dream I've ever had.

·
Registered
0 Posts
No CRAZY dreams here, but I have had quite a few dreams where I was eating meat, and loving it, and then all of a sudden I remember I'm a vegetarian (demivegan) and panic then wake up.

weird

rigmarole

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had a dream where I was standing in a dark room when suddenly this skinned wild boar came running up to me. There seemed to be a spotlight effect on it and it was all I could see in the room. I screamed "How could you do this???" and I heard my brother reply "It doesn't matter, I'm going to eat him anyway."

·
Registered
416 Posts
i once had a dream where i was a pig being slaughtered, it was a bit scary, my view kept swapping from me seeing through the pigs eyes to me being someone watching this pig being killed, once it was killed *poof* a box appeard with a lable on it saying pigs ears, i had already been vegetarian for a year, maybe it was me feeling guilty for buying my dog a pigs ear to chew on that night:S

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had this EXTREMELY horriffic dream once. It disturbed me a GREAT deal. Baby calves losing their parents, or the cows being able to see/hear other cows being slaughtered, or both was probably what sparked this dream for me.

Me and a friend were in this very public area (it looked like a concert hall) with our parents. We were pulled aside into a sort of waiting room by an older, eccentric looking woman, and a man with the same look to him. In the room there were many other kids. just sitting there. Some looked extremely pale and traumatized. Then they had us go into another private room, just the two of us. And we were surrounded by screens.. There was this HUGE metal contraption with bins, and it made a terrible sound. One by one our parents were being pulled into the room and put into these bins head first. At that moment we realized that these bins were large grinders. We began to cower, and cry. We were pulled out of the room and back into the waiting room in tears and we were screaming. None of the other kids seemed to have been doing anything about leaving, so we attempted to leave. We got out of the room somehow, and we came into an area full of trees. Shortly after leaving, we saw the man and the lady that came to get us earlier, and they caught us, and brought us back to the waiting room.

I was veg for awhile before this. But this is one of my most disturbing dreams. I was VERY traumatized the rest of the day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow, thats an intense dream. I always have the one where i eat meat then realize that i'm a vegan and flip out just like rigmarole, or i'll be eating meatn and somebody will remind me that i'm vegan and i get all upset and i sit there debating weather or not to make myself throw up, then i wake up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i had a dream recently that i had this green frog. then my mother came into my room when i was playing with it, and said that she was going to eat it, and the frog started jumping around everywhere, and i was doing my best to save it.

but i think i know where that idea came from...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Angeldust1926

Wow, thats an intense dream. I always have the one where i eat meat then realize that i'm a vegan and flip out just like rigmarole, or i'll be eating meatn and somebody will remind me that i'm vegan and i get all upset and i sit there debating weather or not to make myself throw up, then i wake up.
I have that kind of dream all the time, at least once a week. It's very disturbing. Once I found myself eating a wrap and then I realized there was turkey in it or roast beef or something, and I was thinking WHAT? how could I do this??

Then I tried to pull the turkey out, and realized that the whole thing was wrapped in a big slice of turkey. Like a turkey sandwich with turkey wrap and turkey filling?? Eh, it was gross.

About two nights ago I had a dream that my mother and I were in an army bus together and she handed me a sandwich. When I realized after eating almost the whole thing that there was BRIE on it, I felt so guilty for liking the taste and I looked over and gave her an evil glare for giving a cheese sandwich to me
Then she started hating me for not liking her omni-food anymore... and I had to run away because she was going to kill me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts