VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI everyone.......

Dr. Oz, who I actually agree with on many of his thoughts, mentioned SOY yesterday! He suggested a great morning shake with soy

If you know who he is ..he is AWESOME! (so far
- i have never heard him say anything bad concerning vegans/vegetarians)

He promotes healthy eating compared to medicatoin. Yesterday was great. There was a guy, Jason who was just told on the show yesterday that he is diabetic. Dr. Oz, reccommended a healthy diet and said he would not diagnose him, like other Dr's. with medication becasue it only makes his condition WORSE!

So far, I like Dr. Oz!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I like Dr. Oz!
same here..

He seems so upto date and knows what the body needs to be at it's best, not just putting band-aids on it to try and survive (ie: meds)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen Dr. Mehmet Oz on the Oprah show two times (this most recent episode and a month ago) and find it interesting to watch him explain anatomy using the actual internal organs. Last month he taught about the omentum and this month the brain. He mentioned eating high nutrient foods but I wish that he would have had more time to expound on the importance of this point. I plan to buy his new book (You: On a Diet).

My sister has made some changes in her diet after watching Dr. Oz. She has a multitude of health problems and eats lots of junk food. Now she is keeping apples and carrots around the house to snack on (instead of candy) and she is drinking low sodium V-8 (instead of soda) as a result of watching Dr. Oz. It is at least a start (baby steps) toward more nutritious eating for her.

Also, Dr. Oz wrote the foreward to a book called Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This is a good book about maintaining/regaining health through nutritional excellence. Dr. Fuhrman advocates a plant-based diet (especially lots of vegetables and fruits).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I love Dr. Oz, i have seen him on the Oprah show......i havent heard his radio show. I think he is great!

I want to check out his book, I also want to check out the etl book too.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just heard of Dr. Oz a couple days ago. Does he promote a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle? My mom keeps talking about him and I really hoping he is not in support of meat eating. Anyone know much about him?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I know he often recommends eating fatty fish like salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia, catfish and flounder... He also recommends cod liver oil. He normally does not recommend other meats, though. You can read more on oprah.com or just google "You: on a diet."

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love Dr. Oz, he is actually my reason for being here now...I bought "You on a Diet" and found out I really really hate to eat fish!

I think most of his nutritional and medical advice is fine, but wondered how to fit all that food into my stomach (until I took out the meat, now I don't stop eating
)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Does he have a blog anywhere? I googled and all I really found was his "realage" site. I may have to break down and check out the book.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love the book, YOU: On a diet. I really think Dr. Oz is one of those people who actually knows what he is talking about. I'm glad to see him talk about soy

·
10YRvegan
26 Posts
Aside from the "you" series of books have you guys seen "The Truth About Food" there is a book and a TV show, and they are both awesome! They are run by Dr. Oz and his partner (I think) Oh jeez I forgot his name. Anyway they do really cool food experiments on the show like detox diets, all vegan, weight loss, etc, etc, really cool to check out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
He tests on animals!? Disgraceful. v_v

At any rate, I disagree with that but I agree with the eating habits he promotes. He supported Mark Bittman's book "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian."

...But the animal testing? Ehhhhh goes against my values. What does he test them for? What's the purpose? I'd LOVE to know.

In other words:

If humanity would just learn from Ancient Civilizations that products straight from the soil are steadfast and more beneficial...we wouldn't have to test on animals because we wouldn't be using synthetic ingredients...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts