VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Is that new? I can't play it for some reason. The others work.
Dr. Oz's opinions change like the wind, whatever greases his palm at the time. Dairy cause problems, non dairy milks are the best. You should include low fat dairy options in a healthful diet!

Last show I watched he rated four foods for omega 3. Three were vegan, one salmon. The salmon won "because fish eat the algae that's rich in omega 3dha!" Huh? Where's the algeal omega dha then?

I do love that cowboy!

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Dr. Oz is a vivisector who ran one of the worst labs on record in terms of cruelty

Quote:
In 2004, complaints about Dr. Mehmet Ozs dog experiments were cited in a report from an internal investigation into allegations of poor animal care made by Dr. Catherine DellOrto, a post-doctoral veterinarian. [23], [24] See also individual reports of Dr. Oz's dog experiments. [25] According to the report, "highly invasive and stressful experiments" on dogs were performed without a "humane end point." AWA violations included a litter of whelped puppies killed by painful cardiac injection:

"The screams of these puppies could be heard through closed doors. All of these puppies, lying in a plastic garbage bag, were killed in the presence of their litter mates."[26]

Subsequent applications for grants to the NIH by Dr. Oz have been denied.[27] In 2004, Columbia paid $2,000 in fines to the USDA. [28]
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...t_Laboratories

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm really starting to dislike this Oz guy. As small snippets of news are revealed about him, he's beginning to seem rather evil.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Silva's right, he supports what ever is the current rage at the moment....his wife is vegetarian,and he doesn't eat red meat last I knew, but he still recommends meat eating a couple of times per week. He even sends his worst cardiac patients to Dr Esselstyne in Ohio for him to cure with a plant based diet!

Irizary is correct unfortunately about the labs....I was horrified and so disappointed when I found that out....so sad.

He has even given great support to the Engine 2 diet, then just recently, turned around and gave time supporting The Book "the 4 Hour body", with these sample 3 components featured on the show:

1) 4 Hour Body plan: Pound down 30 grams of protein for breakfast.
2) Sit in a bathtub of ice water for 10 minutes 3 times a week.
3) Binge once a week

I'm not really sure what's floating his boat, but he isn't the person he used to be.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

I'm not really sure what's floating his boat, but he isn't the person he used to be.
Money, money, money, money, MONEY!! He hypes and supports whatever fad diet is the rage at the moment. Whatever he can get money to endorse and whatever controversial diet will bring in the ratings. Whatever product he can put his picture of his face on and get the money for. (Seriously have you ever seen the big displays of Dr. Oz products in grocery stores? His face is everywhere in some places and it's rather creepy.)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
well of course you are absolutely right! Money can change most people unfortunately. It's just sad to see he's been sucked into it. I still think he's better than Dr Mercola, but I'm not sure by how much.

I also read elsewhere, it's about how many in his studio for tapings too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
His action plan the video links to isn't looking so hot, either. He reinforces the idea veganism is impractical, and helps people readjust into eating eggs and meat.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
His daughter is another schill. I wonder about his wife?
Daphne Oz I first heard about at PCRM 30 day weight loss challange. She was featured as a celebrity for tips from her Dorm Room Diet book. I don't know if it was more about weight loss for her, but she spoke of wanting compassion for animals as a motivating factor for being vegan.
Now she's on that show the Chew, sucking down cheese and cooking with butter and dairy. Even "misspoke" on chicken broth for a veg chili!

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginariffic View Post

His action plan the video links to isn't looking so hot, either. He reinforces the idea veganism is impractical, and helps people readjust into eating eggs and meat.
And why is veganism impractical? Because of all the idiots like Oz who praise it, and backstroke to saying you need animal products.
Because people like Daphne let it be known she's vegan and then add dairy and eggs to recipes that should be vegan.
And how about that Bob Harper? Peta veg man of the year! Went to check his site-Halibut and peach salad on the home page? Play the video, he says he started adding fish to his diet. In the "about me" section he's still a vegan?
Why wouldn't companies continue to add animal ingrediants when they don't need to be there? There isn't enough call to reform.

Honestly, this is why I try for patience, and tolerance. People say vegans are so judgemental and in your face, but they don't understand how much patience we have.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clearly I didn't do my homework. I never was good at homework. I was good at recess, band, girls, skipping school and having three jokes ready to go at an instant. I can't deal with all this pressure.. Holy crap.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
No, he has a good front - he's a famous doctor, he says something positive about veganism and you think, "Wow! Great!" If you're not more aware of him, little would you guess he's also a psychopathic vivisector and makes fickle and weird pronouncements about health.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I highly dislike Dr. Oz.

I'm a mammographer and he made a fool of himself when talking about radiation dangers and mammograms. Needlessly scared a lot of women and quite possibly kept some of them from getting what can be a life saving test. He got a lot of flax for his views and invited several radiologists and even the head of the American College of Radiology on for a follow up show. Those experts were well informed, well spoken and really explained the risks vs benefits to his audience. But Dr. Oz basically dispelled all they said & continued to stand by his misinformed, "I'm an expert on everything" opinion even in the face of the country's leading experts on the subject.

Kinda glad to see that his ignorance and arrogance spreads into other areas as well, confirms my opinion that he is the worse kind of fool. The real danger is the number of people that take everything he says at face value and never do any research for themselves. This man needs to be taken off the air. And quickly.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

And how about that Bob Harper? Peta veg man of the year! Went to check his site-Halibut and peach salad on the home page? Play the video, he says he started adding fish to his diet. In the "about me" section he's still a vegan?
If you really want to be irritated look at the episode of Rachel Ray that he appeared on. He kept talking about being vegan but cheating with eating cheese frequently throughout the whole episode. He's also admitted to cheating with real dairy pizza and egg whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey2 View Post

I highly dislike Dr. Oz.

I'm a mammographer and he made a fool of himself when talking about radiation dangers and mammograms. Needlessly scared a lot of women and quite possibly kept some of them from getting what can be a life saving test. He got a lot of flax for his views and invited several radiologists and even the head of the American College of Radiology on for a follow up show. Those experts were well informed, well spoken and really explained the risks vs benefits to his audience. But Dr. Oz basically dispelled all they said & continued to stand by his misinformed, "I'm an expert on everything" opinion even in the face of the country's leading experts on the subject.
Very disturbing but sadly not surprising.

He also promotes faith healing and that one man can heal another just by placing his hands on them.
And that only consuming a diet of 500 calories while shooting yourself up with hormone drugs is a good weight loss strategy!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I'm glad to be back in the work force cause ya'll have seriously screwed up my afternoon TV watching. (LOL) I suppose now, when I re-retire in December, I'll have to like, go for walks -N- shizzle. I didn't know Dr. OZ was any more of a snake oil salesman than the rest of everyone on TV. I just thought the fat guys gets healthy on Vegan diet was pretty cool. You take it where you can get it in life I guess. If I waited for the people in my life to get perfect before I loved them I would be awfully lonely. My family and friends are all screwed up. In fact, so am I. But I love them and you and me just the same.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbrother View Post

..........You take it where you can get it in life I guess. If I waited for the people in my life to get perfect before I loved them I would be awfully lonely. My family and friends are all screwed up. In fact, so am I. But I love them and you and me just the same.
I like what you said there. I'm learning to think like that too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.