VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heart Beet
495 Posts
i like him as a person, and going to his clinic saved my cousin's life, literally. but i dont believe that humans were meant to live without any fat at all in their diets. so yeah i like him but the recipes he supplies totally suck imo. (sorry ms. mcdougal but its true ; ; )

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I totally agree that we are supposed to have healthy fat in our diets. Check this out, this is one of his meal suggestions for breakfast! How can this be healthy???!!!

Hash Brown Potatoes

Servings 2-4

Preparation Time: 1 minute

Cooking Time: 20 minutes

* 1 bag Ore-Ida Country-Style Hash Browns

Pour potatoes into a dry, nonstick frying pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce, ketchup or salsa.

·
Heart Beet
495 Posts
yeah and it tastes like-- well-- nothing. if someone wants to cut down on fats (which most north americaners should anyway) try Bryanna Clark-Grogan's "Almost No Fat" cookbooks. they rock and they're vegan. ^.^

that being said, its because of him that my family eats very little meat, and my grandparents are vegans. yay!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just finsihed the China Study and I immediately looked up Dr McDougall after I finished the book, I found it very interesting and I was very tempted to buy his books, they seem expensive though, I am glad we got feedback on that question, great timing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf.girl View Post

Thanks for the reply. I totally agree that we are supposed to have healthy fat in our diets. Check this out, this is one of his meal suggestions for breakfast! How can this be healthy???!!!

Hash Brown Potatoes

Servings 2-4

Preparation Time: 1 minute

Cooking Time: 20 minutes

* 1 bag Ore-Ida Country-Style Hash Browns

Pour potatoes into a dry, nonstick frying pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce, ketchup or salsa.
My guess is Dr. McDougall recommends that people eat more than hash browns......

Also remember that he deals with people who tend to have some fairly serious medical conditions such as Heart Disease, MS, and others which, studies have shown, benefit from a low-fat diet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.