VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently purchased a bottle of dr. bronner's lavender castille soap and somehow it makes my skin kinda dry. does anyone else have this problem or am i doing something wrong? i don't think i am using too much of it; in fact, i use very little at a time because i find that is all i need. pls help!

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
It is not the way castille soap is; it is the way Dr. Bronner's is. You must dilute it half and half with water before letting it touch your skin. It probably says so on the bottle, umm, somewhere. As with any product, it is very important to read the whole label before using it.

I find it good for washing hands but not so good for face, body.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I use Dr. Bronner's for everything (even my hair).

I don't dilute it - and haven't noticed any problem (but I have tough non-reactive type skin)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that guys crazy, but he makes some nice sshampoo. I don't dilute it, maybe that's why I get chills after using his peppermint shampoo. (I have not used it in like a year)

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Just for the record, if I soap up my face with Dr. B's, I've tried several dif flavors, and leave suds on my face for a few minutes -- such as when preparing to shave my face -- it starts irritating my face. If i rinse it off right away rather than leave it on for awhile, I don't get irritation from it. Kiss My Face pure olive oil castille soap does not cause the same problem. I can leave it on my face for a good while, with no irritation whatsoever. I think it's partly because KMF is not pure soap, but has a little plain refined olive oil mixed back in, and that protects the skin. Tho the soap may itself be less irritating -- I don't know.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I don't dilute it and I've never had a problem with it. I use the hemp soap instead of the peppermint soap, though, b/c the peppermint made me tingly in all the wrong ways.

I use it in the shower, though, so it doesn't stay on very long.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I don't think Dr. Heilbronner is crazy at all, nor do I think his commentary on the label is the least bit crazy. It's poetic, more poetic than most rap we hear today, and tending to espouse views I am more in agreement with.

All-One is crazy? I don't think so.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't reccomend Bronner's for dry or sensitive skin. If it is tingling in a bad way common knowledge would tell you to stop usng it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
"Dilute! Dilute!"

My sister had some connection with the guy who runs the company. I forget how she met him, but they talked on the phone for hours, and he even sent her a whole case of the stuff for free. Cool company.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
soilman- My Dad tried telling me that the side of the bottle was actually messages from this guy's cult, and that reading them over and over as we washed up was a way to brainwash us!! Of course he wasn't serious....I think All-One is wayyy groovy. Seriously.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowmoon

dvmarie- You use it in your hair?! Undiluted?!?! I used it in my hair once and it seriously looked like hay.....I'm amazed.
LoL - so THAT'S what's wrong with my hair!!!! (just kidding)

Well, my head is thoroughly wet when I apply it - so maybe that's considered diluted.

I never used to use it, but one day I ran out of shampoo - and it was the only thing I had (that or Tide.....). It worked so I just didn't buy anymore shampoo. Haven't in over a year. I don't process my hair in any way (ie blow dry, color, perm, etc.) so I really don't need anything special to clean it.

SOILMAN: I also like the "rap" on the bottle. He sounds so enthusiastic

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use Dr. Bonner's Sal-Suds in a laundry formula that I like. A little bit of it goes a long way and it has a wonderful scent---like pine and cedar. And dvmarie, Dr. B. sounds more than "enthusiastic". He is passionate or obsessed. Maybe passionately obsessed!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muffcake

I don't reccomend Bronner's for dry or sensitive skin. If it is tingling in a bad way common knowledge would tell you to stop usng it.
It was the peppermint oil making me tingly...not painful or anything, but a bit distracting when you're trying to work and your bum is tingly. Which is why I switched to lavender.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts