VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Growl.

I have to write a stupid essay about the Enlightment, and how it influenced knowledge and reality claims, for my Philosophy of Social Science module.

And I chose the easiest essay question

·
Registered
794 Posts
My brain... my precious brain...

Actually, the hardest question was about Karl Popper's hypo-deductive method. Something that I know very little about!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

You all have crazy semesters!! Are you on trimesters or something? We have kind of short semesters - we start late becuse we have a bombastic winter session and 3 summer sessions.

I WISH Ionly had 1.5 weeks left! Then it'd be on to my last semester of undergrad, and perhaps last semester ever!!
Nope, we're not on trimesters. Our semesters are generally shorter than the other colleges I hear about. We always have three weeks off for Christmas between fall and spring semesters, and our last day of spring finals is always right around May 1. This year, my last final is April 28th.

No, no, no. Having 1.5 weeks is bad. Sure, that's a short amount of time, but I have a mountain of crap to do in that short amount of time.

I should take VB offline for the next week and a half so I can concentrate on schoolwork.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
1vegan,

I may have to resort to that.
Ok, time to go read the stats book.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
What, I'd be reset to zero on my post count if I were temporarily blocked? I know of a blocked member who was still on the Top 30 for awhile.

Mike's "Spring Cleaning" is dramatically lowing the post counts of lots of the Top 30 people, but most of my posting has been in the last six months, and thus, it looks like I'm rising in the top 30. But whatever. Go read thy stats book, Skylark

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

We always have three weeks off for Christmas between fall and spring semesters, and our last day of spring finals is always right around May 1. This year, my last final is April 28th.

Holy crap that's short!! Here at UD we have 7 weeks off for "Christmas" which is great because you can take 2 classes during the "winter session" and make up all kinds of time.

Okay, a massive venting, for which I apologize in advance:

**** you, you ****ing immunization office at U of D and at ****ing pile of **** U of MD. You ****-sucking beaurocratic tool pieces of **** I hope you all ****ing rot in ****ing hell you miserable pieces of ****. If your incompetence in any way interferes with my ability to graduate in December I'm gonna **** some **** up like **** knows what. You ****ing pieces of ****ing ****. Go **** yourselves, I hate you. That goes extra for you, parking office. You ****ing ****s.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Awesome, Max! I found out that I didn't do as badly as I had feared on my most recent stats test. I got an 86%, but I'm really really hoping to get a 100% on the take-home final.

My philosophy tests, on the other hand... I usually get the highest score in the class, so when the prof decides most scores were so bad that he wants to curve it, he has to make sure he doesn't put me over 100%. Wait, it's either me or Andy who gets the highest score, which makes sense since we're the two most involved students in discussions. Very interesting, he is.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
And I would like to vent a little about my Hispanics prof...

Julia, you're a very nice person. I'd like you a whole lot anywhere else. Your tests STINK!!! You could only make them harder if you asked us microbiology questions or quantum physics multiple choice. A study guide would be much appreciated... what I'd really like is a list of 25 possible identification/short answer questions, so I know which ones to study, and then you select the 12 we answer for the test. We have frickin' so much information that you throw at us! It's no wonder you don't have very many A students; we can't get As! I'd also like a list of 6 possible essay questions, so at least I can think about them before hand, and then you pick two we have to do. Really, Julia, you could give us some more consideration. Students have been telling you this since you started teaching 17 years ago! Isn't it about time you listened to us???

Thank you, thank you.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ack, I just remembered I have a paper due Tuesday...I'm such a slacker. Actually in this case I've just been too busy w/work to think about anything else!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
SD,

What kind of paper is it? An administrative report?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I have three papers to do. Just a tiny bit on one, 5-7 pages on the other, and 20 pages on the last. But it's all due on 4/22. I actually told them there was no way I'd be finished by then, so be prepared!

·
Registered
261 Posts
yea I have this thing called juries. You play your instrument (trumpet) for all the profesors and then they verbaly abuse you afterwards. This year we have a new sucky trumpet teacher who is a complete jerk. He resigned his first year (this year) cause all the students freaking hate him. So I am really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Oh magates, I went through that (flute). We didn't even have flute players on our panel (jury)... I hated it, which is why I gave up playing... hang in there mate!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts