1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huh, interesting...

Quote:
Actor Neil Patrick Harris comes out, saying he is 'a very content gay man'

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary.

"(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest,'' Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships.''

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother.'' He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D.''

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

well yeah
*chuckle* I say the headline yesterday too, and was like "um, this is news?".

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was listening to NPR a few weeks ago on the way home and they were talking about that Clay Aiken guy from American Idol. Apparently he came out and there are some female fans suing for something like false advertisement because they were so infatuated with him and thought he was straight.

I mean, seriously, I didn't watch the show but whenever I saw him on TV I always assumed he was gay. Silly women.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

I was listening to NPR a few weeks ago on the way home and they were talking about that Clay Aiken guy from American Idol. Apparently he came out and there are some female fans suing for something like false advertisement because they were so infatuated with him and thought he was straight.

I mean, seriously, I didn't watch the show but whenever I saw him on TV I always assumed he was gay. Silly women.
If I was a judge, I'd throw out that suit as frivolous, but in today's America, who knows?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

What did they think, that they were actually going to marry him and have his baby? I mean, they can go on pretending he's straight and it makes no difference.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Actually, I think Clay Aiken should have taken a cue from Noel Coward:

Quote:
As a homosexual man, Coward never married. He enjoyed a lengthy relationship with the stage and film actor, Graham Payn, for almost thirty years until the end of Coward's life. Payn later edited the collection of his diaries published in 1982. Coward refused to acknowledge his homosexuality, wryly stating, "There is still a woman in Paddington Square who wants to marry me, and I don't want to disappoint her."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Coward

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

I would consider the fact that Clay Aiken's CDs are advertised as music to be far more actionable.
Indeed.

A couple of Christmases ago, there was this special on with Clay Aiken and Barry Manilow. It was the most bizarre, surreal thing I'd ever seen. ((shudder))

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Indeed.

A couple of Christmases ago, there was this special on with Clay Aiken and Barry Manilow. It was the most bizarre, surreal thing I'd ever seen. ((shudder))
Aside from the fact that he's not a songwriter, I always thought Clay Aiken seemed like the 2006 version of Barry Manilow. My lord, that special must have been horrifying!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Didn't NPH play some sort of "lady killer" in that "Harold and Kumar" movie?

I guess the joke must have eluded me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts