VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I really wonder what sort of environmental impact this'll have in the future.. sure, this may be great news for trees, but it almost seems as though this will be a sort of disposable product - simple to throw away and buy a new one once it stops working or breaks (certainly doesn't seem very flexible). I doubt it'll be all that biodegradable .. it kinda reminds me of those disposable cellphones.

oh well.. just some random thoughts on the issue. perhaps it could turn out to be beneficial for the environment overall.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
OZ, that's the way of things.... they're so cheap it's easier/cheaper to just throw something out and buy a new one.

It may also be like the "paperless" office that computers and information technology promised us..... we've ended using more paper than ever.

They took all the Trees and put them in a Tree museum.

And they charged all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em.

-Big Yellow Taxi, Joni Mitchell.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
yeah i'm a little worried about where this technology could lead too. it's essentially going from what is technically a renewable resource (that of trees) to a non-renewable resource of stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've been waiting for something like this to happen for a while. Ultimately technology is created to fill the desires of people and people like disposable products. That could be trouble

1 - 10 of 10 Posts