VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if any of you are like me and hate the new firefox but I just found out how easy it is to switch back. Just go here http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php
and download and run version 3.6. You don't need to uninstall anything. It takes about 15 seconds.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Toolbar wouldn't work right. I don't like it but went back to 4.0. Oh well. I think I'm just talking to myself anyway!

·
Registered
147 Posts
What's wrong with the new version? The interface looks a bit different, but I don't find it any more difficult to use. Also noticed my computer doesn't slow down when I have lots of windows and tabs open anymore.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it took me a long time to figure out how the bookmarks work. It was easier when the "favorites" at the top. They used to have "view" and a few other headings at the top too. The top part stinks now. Everything seems to be in the left or right upper corners and you have to go through a few steps to get to them.

Edit: I see it's not too hard to change the toolbar. I don't like the default settings though.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I dig it. It's quicker and sleeker. Plus there is a little google bar which is helpful. (I never noticed it before in the older versions, so maybe it was there and I'm just a spaz).

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think I'm still using 2.5 or something, the later editions always bugged me.

I always liked oldversion.com better than old apps, just for sake of argument, because old apps is distinctly Web 2.0 looking for a website supporting past versions.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Often when I'm using the laptop mouse, the page starts zooming in or out. I don't know if I'm accidentally hitting some wrong combination on my mouse and the keyboard. I'm definitely not hitting control and either the plus or minus key. Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
130 Posts
don't like the new firefox? use opera instead

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post

Often when I'm using the laptop mouse, the page starts zooming in or out. I don't know if I'm accidentally hitting some wrong combination on my mouse and the keyboard. I'm definitely not hitting control and either the plus or minus key. Anyone know what's going on?
I'm having the same issue with my laptop. I thought it was just me. I wish I knew the answer for both of us. It's never happened when I used a mouse, so I suspect some touchpad control has gone awry.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveKnit View Post

I'm having the same issue with my laptop. I thought it was just me. I wish I knew the answer for both of us. It's never happened when I used a mouse, so I suspect some touchpad control has gone awry.
Well it's nice to hear I'm not the only one. Maybe people will complain and they'll fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.