VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..of my name! I have posted two threads here in the last week and I haven't gotten many replies at all..I am wondering if my name is a problem
I probably should have chosen a better name for veggieboards but beefaroni is my nickname...my real name is Bethany. My Mom has been calling me beefaroni forever. Why? Well when I was in third grade, there was this boy named LeVar who liked me..and he wrote me a love letter (as only 3rd grade boys can do) but he couldn't spell my name...so he wrote "Dear Befornee..." My Mom thought that was the funniest thing...so Befornee somehow over the years morphed to beefaroni. I don't eat beefaroni just so ya know!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. I have decided to become meat and dairy (and possibly wheat) free to try and better my health - have been suffering from gastritis/unknown gastrointestinal problems for the last year and a half, since my doctor can't suggest anything but meds
, I am trying a diet change to see if it helps...so I will have lots of questions!

Thanks! Bethany

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB Bethany/Beefaroni!
Yours is certainly one of the more, um, interesting veggieboards screen names I've seen lately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my name...fat chance though that my Mom will start calling me Vegemite! ;-D

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I saw your name, as we've had plenty of trolls here who chose meat-derived names...thank you for clearing things up!

Welcome to VB, Bethany!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hey, welcome.
I would have thought you were a troll too, thanks for explaining.

Parents just don't think about these nicknames. When I was a kid, mine was boomer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah beefaroni is totally gross...in fact I think most of the processed garbage in grocery stores is gross.

Still feelin' a bit *sheepish* over the trouble my name caused...but you see, I've been called it for so long that it didn't even occur to me that it might be offensive/inappropriate - because I know that it isn't referring to Chef Boyardee, but *sigh* what can you do

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Heh, your thread made me laugh.

I don't know anything about gastritis, and I hate yogurt, so I didn't have anything to post in your threads.

But welcome to VB!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beefaroni is some nasty Chef Boyardee crap in a can ... beef and macaroni and nuclear cheese... YUCK! but that is not where my name came from

1 - 16 of 16 Posts