VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went out for dinner with my girlfriend lastweek who does eat meat. At most restaurants there is atleastt a few options for me but it seemed really tight at this place. The waitress kept approaching us and i kept asking for a few more minutes to decide. Finally, I made a comment on the lack of "meat-less" food and it turned out our waitress was a vegetarian.

As soon as she asked if i was a vegetarian, she already named off 5 or 6 different meals and ways to change around the menu to get a really good meal.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
That's a good point. Where I waitressed I was able to help people out (Red Lobster!) and sometimes other servers asked me to help them with one of their customers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
great tip.....at most restaurants i have visited they will veggie-ize a meal..change it around to be veggie friendly...most place will say they will take meat out off any of their selections..but you do have to ask..they dont offer it unless you do.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I agree. I'm still a bit timid about asking, but I'm getting better! A new restaurant just opened up. The General Manager is vegan, so I love eating there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought that carbonara had mushroom in it so I asked for the carbonara without bacon the other day, and ended up with cheese and pepper pasta, lol. It still tasted good though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Agreed. I hate asking half the time though, because I don't want to be a nuissance and thought of as a picky eater. But the waiter/waitress is usually pretty nice about it. At a chinese restaurant, I was able to get the mushroom fried rice without the egg - the waitress herself didn't even know they could do that until she asked.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm never afraid to ask questions when I am exchanging money for a product or service someone is offering, food or otherwise. Why would you be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.