VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am asking you here because I'm quite young and ignorant about a lot of things so I thought I could ask for your thoughts here

Well I've been giving money to the RSPCA for ages now. However I am currently considering stopping this and giving money to Animal Aid and Dr Hadwins trust instead.

Um does this sound like a wise / ethical step forward?

My reasoning was that RSPCA put a lot of healthy animals down, and also as far as I can see it's more animal welfare than animal rights? But I might be wrong with that.

So yes, just wondering what people thought about these 3 charitys as it's all kind of confusing and I just want my money to go to the best place.

Sorry if this shouldn't be here, or it sounds kinda weird!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
RSPCA is definitely very welfarist. I don't know about how many healthy pet-type animals they put down, but they definitely don't do a lot to help farm animals and the like. They are very focused on cats-and-dogs.

I love Animal Aid. They do a lot of veg*n advocacy and (legal) action to help farm animals, animals used in vivisection, AND pet-type-creatures. I am considering donating to them myself.

Don't know anything about the Dr Hawkins Trust.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Do you mean Dr Hadwen Trust? (not Hawkins)

They are the UK's leading medical research charity funding exclusively non-animal techniques to replace animal experiments, benefiting humans

and animals.

I give £ to them--their main office is in our town.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Easy mistake to make. I think Dr Hadwen's is a good one. Joanna Lumley supports them (just a fact of interest)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts