VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! You said to keep you updated, so here I am updating!

I feel like my food intake is really good. I'm never starving, but I'm not super full anymore like I used to get. I'm just right! I started a Pilates program, and now I'm so addicted! I cannot skip a day! I feel so calm after I do it, and if I skip a day, I feel hectic. It's the equivilant of taking a long hot bubble bath!

BUT (there's always a but), I'm still addicted to ice cream. My mom keeps some in the freezer and I just keep going at it. The ice cream is "light" (1/2 the fat and 1/3 the calories or regular ice cream, or so says the carton), but I know that if I let myself eat even one bite that I won't stop. I don't really feel too horrible about it (I'm not beating myself up like I used to), but I did eat quite a bit after school today. There's plently of fruits, veggie, nuts, etc... in my house, I just have a huge sweet tooth. Any better options to satisfy this with?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Have you tried dried fruits? Things like mango, or dried pear, figs, apple rings, or apricots are quite sweet and also quite satisfying. You don't need to eat much.
Plus, a serving of your five a day!

If you are a chocolate person, what about some dark chocolate - the REALLY dark kind. You only want to eat a little bit, I swear.

Alternatively, try wizzing fruit up in the processor and semi freezing it - this is particularly good for ripe fruit, especially bananas - with whatever sweet spices (cinnamon, nutmeg etc) that you like. Makes a good ice cream substitue I find.

Alternatively work your way through this lot of ice cream, then ask your Mum not to buy it again, or when she does to only buy the little tubs. This might make you treat it as even more of a treat!!

Having said that, given that the rest of your diet is quite healthy, I don't think you've too much to worry about!

pirate x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you tried fresh dates? I don't mean men who try to get too frisky ... I mean the fruits. Fresh dates are like candy - very, very, very sweet, and a lovely flavour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts