1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I'm glad the SPCA is trying help this poor little dog; the story is indeed heartwarming, but I was stupid enough to start reading some of the comments, and now my blood pressure has gone way up.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm happy that things turned out for the dog, but anytime I hear about a bird of prey grabbing some small companion animal, it kind of freaks me out. My dog only weighs about 12 pounds.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I'm glad the SPCA is trying help this poor little dog; the story is indeed heartwarming, but I was stupid enough to start reading some of the comments, and now my blood pressure has gone way up.
Yep. There were the usual crappy comments about how animals aren't worth concern, etc, but there were also a lot of cheap shots at homeless people.

Spoonerism: I also have small companion animals, and live in an urban area. I have seen hawks several times in my neighborhood. I don't think one could carry off my rabbit or cat, but they could definitely do them serious harm. Yet another reason why my animals are indoors, unless I take one of them outside WITH me and watch them like a... well, actually, like a hawk.

ETA: That's one cute dog. Gotta love poodles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.