VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
An Etobicoke dog owner has accused the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of euthanizing her beloved husky unnecessarily and without her knowledge.
Gianna Tramontin said her 16-year-old brown and white husky, Rocky, was healthy and received regular checkups with a local veterinarian. But she was stunned when she returned home two weeks ago to find her pet was gone.
A notice from the OSPCA was posted to her door informing her officials had taken Rocky away and were charging her for failing to provide proper shelter and veterinary care. A neighbour had earlier alerted the organization after noticing that Rocky had collapsed in the sun.
When Tramontin followed up with the OSPCA, she claims the agency only told her that her pet was being treated. In fact, the animal was euthanized the same day.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/dog-taken-e...192532911.html

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
I have to wonder - if I returned home and found my dog gone, with a note that he had been impounded, I would be down at the pound/shelter immediately.

Also, I wouldn't be leaving a 16 year old dog (16 is very old for a dog that size) outside while I was gone, especially not in the heat or cold.

ETA: know from experience that AW organizations can become more about human egos than about their mission, just like any other human endeavor. However, I just wanted to point out a couple of things about the story that raise some red flags for me as to where the truth may lie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.