VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the UK still need local veg*an groups? Have they been replaced by social media?

I've been involved with local UK veggie groups since the late 1980's. I'm not sure they still have a function in terms of individual support, campaigning on veggie issues, or encouraging membership of the UK's national societies. OK, so they do facilitate social contact with other veggies, but meetup.com can do that!

When did you last have any contact with a real-world UK vegetarian/vegan group? How did you fnd it? What did it do for you? Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
I'm a member of the Brighton, Worthing, and West Sussex vegan groups on Facebook and I've met some real-life friends that way. I haven't actually been to a meetup yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for that (I help to run the Guildford Veg*an group). Now that I've seen your ultrasound scan I understand where you are coming from!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I can understand why you want online contact, but are too busy with other things to meet up for now. Also perhaps the sort of support you might be looking for? Maybe I am wrong, it would not be the first time.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Oh! It's mostly that I'm currently living in Shoreham, but the last meet up was in Brighton and it's kind of a hassle to get over there. We're moving to Worthing soon and I'm hoping there will be a meet up closer to home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.