VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a very upset stomach. I kept belching every five minutes and felt rather nauseous because some my burps smelled strongly of vomit.
(I think I ate something spoiled this morning) My tummy was rumbling wildly and I kept having foul burps which made me increasingly nauseous. I decided to make tea out of thyme (which is supposed to have antiseptic properties) and dillweed (which is supposed to soothe the stomach). Its onset was immediate and it worked even better than Pepto-Bismol! My stomach is now calm and I feel better. Do herbal remedies work for anyone else?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've never tried thyme and dill, but will keep that in mind. For stomach problems, I usually drink a strong ginger tea made by thinly slicing about an inch of ginger root and simmering it in water for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I'm just starting to look into herbal remedies but mostly for topical conditions. I find the subject very interesting. I knew about the ginger being good for the stomach, but not thyme and dillweed. I too will keep it in mind.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum42 View Post

I've never tried thyme and dill, but will keep that in mind. For stomach problems, I usually drink a strong ginger tea made by thinly slicing about an inch of ginger root and simmering it in water for 20 minutes.
I usually make this when I feel a cold coming on. It works great.

Earlier in the week my hubby started feeling under the weather (sneezing and nasal congestion), and drank this all day long. His cold disappeared in two days.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i don't use ginger because it causes the opposite effect than what i would want, but i do use herbs to help me out. i have a traditional medicinals collection (teas) that are pre made. i like them a lot.

i also utilize susun weed's books and information.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

I usually make this when I feel a cold coming on. It works great.

Earlier in the week my hubby started feeling under the weather (sneezing and nasal congestion), and drank this all day long. His cold disappeared in two days.
When I feel a cold coming on I drink orange zest, and bay leaf infustion. It's also good for the immune system in general even if you don't feel a cold coming on but are having cold weather etc. It's pretty taste and soothing.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
sunny:

yes, when i use ginger, it causes more gas and indigestion. thus, i do not use ginger for this purpose.

when i cook with ginger, i use half or less than half than what is called for in a recipe.

for my 'tummy tea' i use a tiny amount of ginger (it's the last ingredient), and the tea is peppermint based instead.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i don't use ginger because it causes the opposite effect than what i would want, but i do use herbs to help me out. i have a traditional medicinals collection (teas) that are pre made. i like them a lot.

i also utilize susun weed's books and information.
Do you just make infustions , bottle them and refrigerate for pre making or are you not talking about infustions....?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts