VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm loving the cookbook lab forum and reading the reviews of individual recipes within each cookbook.....There are a lot of cookbooks listed.

http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=806.0

if you post on their forums, do you use the same screen name? I do.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I've never posted on vegweb, partially because when I was googling for vegan recipes, veggieboards came up first.
I've found recipes there, though.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use their recipes occasionally, but I'm really digging the cookbook reviews!

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
I didn't even know that existed. That's a good resource. I've been trying to figure out what recipes from these books are the ones people are most likely to make so I can take pictures for my blog. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
absolutely! I'm working on Veganomicon right now, and am going through my actual cookbook too. I haven't really looked through it since I first bought it....which happens to be something I do!

I'll cook a bunch of things, then move on to another new cookbook, and then it may be awhile or a long time before I get back to that one again. UNLESS- I know there are recipes that need to be remade

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, I post on there occasionally, same screen name. and I do post in the cookbook thread, I think we were just talking in the Happy Herbivore cookbook thread! Hello again! I love the cookbook thread, that was my first post, asking for recs because I was so overwhelmed with all the choices and I didn't know where to start. I just went vegetarian in November and since then have gone vegan. Now I have about 10 vegan cookbooks, with MANY more on my list to get! and I have the vegweb app on my ipod touch with access to 13,000 recipes or something like that! I've got several really good recipes from there!

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
I don't post there but i like reading the reviews; they're very helpful when looking for a book to get.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I thought that vw was more like vb way back in the day and they told people to come here for the boards. I am pretty sure I actively posted on there then and that is how I found these boards.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I thought that vw was more like vb way back in the day and they told people to come here for the boards. I am pretty sure I actively posted on there then and that is how I found these boards.
if you click on the forums tab, there's a lot of choices to choose from....the cookbook one is what interested me!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacydan View Post

Yep, I post on there occasionally, same screen name. and I do post in the cookbook thread, I think we were just talking in the Happy Herbivore cookbook thread! Hello again! I love the cookbook thread, that was my first post, asking for recs because I was so overwhelmed with all the choices and I didn't know where to start. I just went vegetarian in November and since then have gone vegan. Now I have about 10 vegan cookbooks, with MANY more on my list to get! and I have the vegweb app on my ipod touch with access to 13,000 recipes or something like that! I've got several really good recipes from there!
that's cool....Lindsay is finally coming into her own. Having it out with Isa could make or break a potential career, and it got nasty, but I don't want people just jumping on Isa's bandwagon just because she's already famous. People either like Lindsay's recipes or they don't or a combination thereof, but I do, so I want to support her. She has a good following now, and has already had a lot of preorders on her new cookbook. I'll buy it, but haven't preordered it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts