VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand those buffalo wings are that were cooked in the bag and had a lot of sauce. I love them and have not been able to find them recently. I know they were made by one of the big 3 fake meat people, either boca, morningstar farms or gardenburger. I can't find them on any of their website and think they may have been discontinued. I really want to send them an email to tell them how much I love them and that I want them back. If anyone has seen them anywhere lately please let me know as I really want to stock up. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Morningstar Farms makes Buffalo Wings. It shows them on their website under Chik (sorry it wouldn't allow me to post a link because i'm new here). I'm pretty sure I saw them at the store a few days ago.

Ellen

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I sent them a message about how much I loved them. Who knows if it will help any. If anyone else loved them though I would greatly appreciate if you sent them a message too. Maybe it will make a difference. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Is that picture what the actual product looks like? They look real! I am going to check our market tomorrow for those,

the morningstar farms version is very tasty too, i am still trying to find that nasoya vegan blue cheese dressing to go with them! no one around here seems to have it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I feared they are gone. I should have stocked up when I had the chance. I always think I should get one of those big freezers and this is exactly the reason why.

Here's the letter I got.

Thank you for writing to us. We appreciate hearing from our customers, and

we're pleased that you enjoyed our Buffalo

Wings. Unfortunately, we have to deliver some bad news.

We regret to inform you that our Buffalo Wings has passed into the halls of

retired Gardenburger products. Some were too

difficult or costly to continue producing, and others never convinced enough

customers' taste buds.

On the bright side of things, we produce many other tasty products and continue

bringing new ones to market. We know that

nothing can fill the void in your heart and stomach left behind by our Buffalo

Wings, but we offer a growing list of other

products that you can count on. Just visit

http://www.gardenburger.com/products/find.shtml on our website for a complete

list of products, along with recipes, nutritional information, and cooking tips.

Please give them a try and let us know what

you think.

Eat Positive,

Linda Olsen

Consumer Affairs Coordinator

Gardenburger Authentic Foods Company

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynesh View Post

We know that nothing can fill the void in your heart and stomach left behind by our Buffalo Wings,
This line is hilarious!

The morningstar farms buffalo wings are freaking awesome but sadly they're not vegan (if you don't have a problem with egg whites, party on.)

The boca ones are insanely spicy but I think they're vegan (read the ingredients to be sure.)

I've never seen the health is wealth ones at the store (but I recently found their pizza bites which look awesome.)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsesHerBean View Post

You might consider trying the ones by Health is Wealth. I never had the morning star ones, but love these.
they have a habit of putting real chicken in the vegan packages and refusing to voluntarily recall them for months after they were aware of the problem

however, if you get one of those packages, they will be very realistic

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find the Health is Wealth brand at the health food store and at whole foods, where they are more expensive, of course
. Also my Giant just started carrying Health is Wealth chicken nuggets! So I am guessing they are becoming more popular. They are vegan and the breading is stone ground whole wheat (yay!).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.