VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I take a Vitamin B Complex supplement<br><br><br><br>
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that exists in three major chemical forms: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine . It performs a wide variety of functions in your body and is essential for your good health. For example, vitamin B6 is needed for more than 100 enzymes involved in protein metabolism. It is also essential for red blood cell metabolism. The nervous and immune systems need vitamin B6 to function efficiently, and it is also needed for the conversion of tryptophan (an amino acid) to niacin (a vitamin).<br><br><br><br>
Hemoglobin within red blood cells carries oxygen to tissues. Your body needs vitamin B6 to make hemoglobin. Vitamin B6 also helps increase the amount of oxygen carried by hemoglobin. A vitamin B6 deficiency can result in a form of anemia that is similar to iron deficiency anemia.<br><br><br><br>
Does this answer your question Flipper?

·
Registered
590 Posts
i take a b12 vitamin daily so i dont get sick in 2 years lol.<br><br><br><br>
i also take a b complex, but thats more or less for days when i feel i havent got all my nutrients

·
Banned
97 Posts
Not everyday , no. It's easy to get out of balance taking formulated supplements because the ratios are not right and designed to assimilate perfectly balanced in the body. PLus many vitamins today are not very high quality.<br><br><br><br>
I take a B vitamin complex once or twice a week...not everyday though.<br><br><br><br>
I take spirulina as a supplement though, and some other superfood/herbal supplements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts