VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I had an Aussi friend send me some in a care package once(along with Kangaroo and Crocodile jerky...eeerhm, thanks) It was foul
Like eating thick soy sauce.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I wasn't fond of it at first, but my girlfriend eats it and it's kind of grown on me.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I prefer Vegemite to Marmite but for some reason I thought VM wasn't vegan. I will have to check.

·
Registered
814 Posts
As un-Australian as it sounds I dislike Vegemite.

Now nooch sprinkled on pb is a very different story...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

Thats ok because Vegemite is no longer Australian! it is no longer Australian owned or made. an American company - Kraft owns it,

Vegemite is one of several yeast extract spreads sold in Australia. It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture) and various vegetable and spice additives. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources known of Vitamin B. It's thick like peanut butter, it's very salty, and it tastes like - well let's just say that it is an acquired taste!

And a teaspoon of Vegemite makes a good Vegetarian stock.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

As un-Australian as it sounds i dont like meat and going to BBQ's. and i call Australia day invasion day!

·
Beginner's Mind
645 Posts
Ooo, I haven't eaten it in a long time. Now I've got to go find some. Thanks for the reminder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts