VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you on this board are married or in an unmarried, committed relationship, and some of the messages posted are of a flirty, somewhat racy nature. I'm curious - do your spouses/SO's ever read anything on this board and, if so, do they ever get mad and/or jealous of what you've written and/or who you've written it to?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
My boyfriend has read a few, although probably none of the flirty ones. I am not really sure. He doesnt really freak out about stuff like that so if he did read it, he probably wouldnt care. If he really knew what a crush I have on Michael, he would probably get jealous tho...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
In my case, no she does not freak out. She knows that text is not skin. This is not real life. She can separate the two.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say she probably has a crush on Tame.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
LOL about Tame, Robert.

My wife knows I'm flirty. It's part of what attracts her to me. She knows I love her with a burning intensity, and that I'm only playing around when I flirt with others. Hell, I'm even "flirty" with some gay guys, not because I'm looking for some, but because it's the same kind of dynamic. It's just fun being silly.

She doesn't read every post (have you seen my post count), particularly since she's not a big message board person, but my life is an open book. I stand by anything I ever write. If she doesn't like something I do, I take that as a challenge to become more sensitive to her needs and wants, and I make the adjustment. Her happiness and comfort are worth minor adjustments in my behavior. So far, it hasn't really been necessary.

In fact, the only thing about VB that gets her jealous is how much time I spend on the boards. So, I'm working on that at the moment. Not doing a very good job, obviously...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My husband just teases me, and calls me a nerd. He shouldn't talk though, he's always checking out toy and horror movie sites.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Mt fiance is a member here so she reads almost everything. We met on the vegweb discussion boards so she knew how I was to begin with. For some reason she decided that was okay.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i agree with everything epski said--my husband largely does not read my posts, but we talk about everything i have potsed. there are no secrets in our relationship, and he is all kinds of flirty with the ladies, and i am with men as well--all in good fun.

blush again tame--another crush here!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
My husband NEVER reads my posts, though I do talk about discussion at the dinner table. I have never written anything he couldnt read, however. I am not much of a flirt online, though I wish I was! I guess I have forgotten how! LOL! My crush is on Max Power (giggle and blush)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My friends oftentimes come here to read my posts. I don't know why, seeing as it just makes them mad. They're convinced we're a veg*n cult trying to get our way in the world and hating every omnivore in sight. Oh, and I shouldn't be here because it's dangerous to my health. *snorts* Yeah, most of my friends hate vegetarianism with a passion.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
My fiance never reads my posts and most of my posts are probably unintresting to him anyways. I guess I'm just boring in that way.
I do discuss with him some of the issues brought up on here though or read outloud to him an occasional intresting post.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The only thing my husband really gets jealous about is how much time I spend here sometimes. Otherwise he just teases me saying that I'm flirting or whatever, when I'm not. I haven't written a post that I wouldn't be comfortable with him seeing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i don't think i would spend that much time in here if i had a partner well one in the same country

but who knows.

If i go to hong kong where i'll have no friends then i'm sure i'll live here.

By the way, are there vbers from hong kong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.