VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every single time I go into the bathroom at my boyfriend's house, his cat Max HAS to come in. It doesn't matter if I'm brushing my teeth, taking a shower, he's there. He will even bite me if I try to kick him out. He also flushes the toilet

Anyone else have pets that do this?

I took a video too
He's a curious cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY4QS1toV8

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
My dog will come in if he thinks I'm going to take a shower (he loves to shower) but my cat will only come in if I'm carrying her, and shut the door before she has a chance to get out.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your dog is a weirdo
My dog freaks out when I walk her to the bathroom, she knows what's going to happen
I've never had a dog who liked water. I've never known a cat to want to come into the bathroom when you're showering. Max is a weirdo.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Your dog is a weirdo
My dog freaks out when I walk her to the bathroom, she knows what's going to happen
I've never had a dog who liked water. I've never known a cat to want to come into the bathroom when you're showering. Max is a weirdo.
My dog's name is Max! :p

He loves bathes too, when you say the word he'll sit in the shower until you give him one, and even the promise of peanut butter won't make him come out.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
YES! Jenny is the bathroom queen and will wait outside if you go in the bathroom with the door closed. Though she prefers to follow you in.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm pretty sure Jenny could be toilet-trained (I think she wants to be). She's highly intelligent.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Not really, but Lola isn't a fan of closed doors. Since all the doors upstairs (bedroom and bathroom) don't seem to latch properly, she'll push them open.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

See, the name explains it all

Holy crap... are you sure Max is a dog? Sweet Pea isn't too hard to bathe, but it's a little challenge to get her in the tub.
He splashes around, paws at the faucets until they turn on so he can run his head under them, and refuses to get out when we're done, which actually takes a significant amount of time because of how much he loves to take his bath.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Our cat is a little pervert weirdo, he'll lie directly outside the door while I'm in there and listen to every sound, it's kind of creepy

And I keep the door closed when I shower but he's always waiting outside the door and when I open it again he runs in and loves sniffing me and inhaling the steam, and he'll jump into the bathtub and lick water off the floor for some reason. He also enjoys watching me put on makeup and stuff.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Winkie follows me into the bathroom, but hasn't figured out the plumbing yet. She likes baths and knows better than to drink from the commode.

EDIT: Oops. I meant to say, twaa-lay.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

He splashes around, paws at the faucets until they turn on so he can run his head under them, and refuses to get out when we're done, which actually takes a significant amount of time because of how much he loves to take his bath.
Video please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Our cat is a little pervert weirdo, he'll lie directly outside the door while I'm in there and listen to every sound, it's kind of creepy

And I keep the door closed when I shower but he's always waiting outside the door and when I open it again he runs in and loves sniffing me and inhaling the steam, and he'll jump into the bathtub and lick water off the floor for some reason. He also enjoys watching me put on makeup and stuff.
Max sometimes goes into the shower, but never when the water is on.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Oh yes. Every. single. time. I sometimes have all three at once. Their favorite thing to do is push the door open if I don't close it tightly enough, and even if I do, they stand there and meow and put their paws under it until I open it and let them in. I finally realized it was useless to fight it, and I've grown accustomed to bathroom party time.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Haha yes my cat did this again last night when i went to pee and i was going to kick him out but i was like whatever, and he sat there meowing like he always does, he makes it seem like he wants to get into the shower, but he hates water whether it's bath or shower.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Oh yes. Every. single. time. I sometimes have all three at once. Their favorite thing to do is push the door open if I don't close it tightly enough, and even if I do, they stand there and meow and put their paws under it until I open it and let them in. I finally realized it was useless to fight it, and I've grown accustomed to bathroom party time.
That's so funny! 3 cats must be interesting.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Same here, except I keep the bathroom door open all the time so they have access to the litter box. And yes, sometimes I have 3 in there all at once. It's to remind me that it's THEIR bathroom and I'm just there under their good graces.

They also like to hang out in the bathtub, and I keep a couple of old hairbrushes around for them to play with in the bathtub.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My cat sleeps in my sink and if I dont close my bathroom door all the way when showering she will jump into the shower with me! She jumps into the water with me and just kinda sits there getting soaked... weirdo cat

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I have a dog bed in the master bathroom because my boy dogs won't let me do anything in there by myself.
My female dog sleeps in a dog bed just outside the door. All three follow me everywhere in the house.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts