VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you trust yours? Do you think they're secretly judging you because they don't know the full story?

Beyond that, do you think they talk about it to other people?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I guess I'm a health care professional? I'm no doctor, but I'm a professional massage therapist. I never talk, I'm very careful with my files, and I don't judge. I just try to help people. I don't know what most doctors see, but I assume most people aren't interesting enough to gossip about anyway.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

I guess I'm a health care professional? I'm no doctor, but I'm a professional massage therapist. I never talk, I'm very careful with my files, and I don't judge. I just try to help people. I don't know what most doctors see, but I assume most people aren't interesting enough to gossip about anyway.
Very true

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
No I don't trust them. I've known health care professionals that have talked about their patients and judged them behind their backs. I even had a therapist who had made very offensive, rude, and judgemental comments about one of her patients to me during our last session .(I stopped going to her after that.)
There has also been a few members here in the past who had a habit of complaining about their patients and making judgemental comments about them.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Therapist - Fellow veg*n, very nonjudgmental, great at her job.
Psychiatrist - Respects my choices for the most part and is a good listener.
Medical doc - She's cool with my veganism, helps me through my problems such as...woman issue warning...
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]...severe vaginismus during a pelvic exam. She's the only one that's been able to examine me because she gives me plenty of time to relax.[/SPOILER]

Before I found them, I had horrible medical professionals that either judged my veganism, couldn't communicate with me very well or didn't have the proper skills/knowledge to help me. Now I consider myself lucky to have switched and found people that I can trust.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I don't trust them at all. I used to work in a hospital, and the nurses ALWAYS gossiped about their patients.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

And each other as well. In front of their patients no less.
Yes. I saw that a lot too. I couldn't believe how unprofessional most of them were.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I trust them to a certain extent.
I don't really care if they 'gossip' about me, as long as its no one who can identify me.
My doctor is mostly understanding... but I don't think its all genuine.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I don't have a problem with getting medical attention but the cancer doctor I was sent too thursday was beyond pushy about stuff.
I have 50 percent of pre cancerous cells and 50 percent of some where in the uterus cancer, he was pushing surgury to remove it, I said Woah Buster ( did't say that but I wish) slow baby steps, first we need to make sure that this is cancer and not pre , if its pre , I need to adjust my diet, my weight and lifestyle and it will decrease the chance of it.
Then I asked about a plant base diet to help reduce and he said no this is not the issue the issue is hormones, what a wacko job this doctor was.
The doctor that referred me too him that did the D and C and scope said it was pre cancerous and I have overactive shedding of my uterus and I will no problems having few children.
Then we went to the cancer doctor and he like said above was forcing surgury and he almost got me to give in, I am not giving into these, we want a few children and there are ways to reduce my risk of cancer and he is full of it that a plant base diet is not goin to help because I looked up the risks or why woman develop cancer like this is because high intake of animal and meat products, so we are lookin for holistic ways now to treat our health.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's horrible!!

I would always get several opinions with something that serious, and I hate doctors that always push surgery.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I don't have a problem with getting medical attention but the cancer doctor I was sent too thursday was beyond pushy about stuff.
I have 50 percent of pre cancerous cells and 50 percent of some where in the uterus cancer, he was pushing surgury to remove it, I said Woah Buster ( did't say that but I wish) slow baby steps, first we need to make sure that this is cancer and not pre , if its pre , I need to adjust my diet, my weight and lifestyle and it will decrease the chance of it.
Then I asked about a plant base diet to help reduce and he said no this is not the issue the issue is hormones, what a wacko job this doctor was.
The doctor that referred me too him that did the D and C and scope said it was pre cancerous and I have overactive shedding of my uterus and I will no problems having few children.
Then we went to the cancer doctor and he like said above was forcing surgury and he almost got me to give in, I am not giving into these, we want a few children and there are ways to reduce my risk of cancer and he is full of it that a plant base diet is not goin to help because I looked up the risks or why woman develop cancer like this is because high intake of animal and meat products, so we are lookin for holistic ways now to treat our health.
Peaceful, that is scary for you! I hope you have another doctor you trust to get an opinion from. I hope you don't need surgery, but please make sure you don't really need it. Good diet is a good prevention, but sometimes once something has already happened healthwise, you need to take care of that (while you are eating well of course
)

Remember that your husband wants you healthy more importantly than he wants babies!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Some I trust, some I don't. Same as any person belonging to any profession. The "health care professional" title in and of itself is meaningless.

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
If they are violating your confidentiality or other ethics issues, hold them accountable. Report them.

Gossiping is 2nd nature to many people (esp newbies who aren't yet totally uninterested in the peculiarities of patients). Health care professionals need to be held to the laws and ethics or 2nd nature will prevail.

Sad but true.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts