VeggieBoards banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Loki

Keegan, you don't eat way too much anything. You can never have too much fruit.

I eat a lot of sugar. Today's eating involved chocolate and ice-cream. Not very healthy, I know, but you'll see me counting calories and dismissing foods because of their calorific content at precisely the same time that satan installs an ice rink into hell.
If I'm not mistaken...I think I saw a flyer the other day advertising a hellish type of ice rink...

·
Banned
261 Posts
I don't eat refined sugar. It's nuritionally sucky and worthless and piontless, it gives me headaches, and tastes truly disgusting to me. I really can't explain the flavor of foods that have refined sugar. It's just...bleh. If it was a sound, it would be the highest-pitched scream you can possibly imagine. Don't ask, but that's what I think of when I eat/ate something with refined sugar. I know, it's a weird thought process, and I truly can't explain it. Ick, ick, ick for refined sugar. Plus, the whole bone char thing--ick.

Instead, I like to use maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, and brown rice syrup, that stuff, or other natural sweeteners. To me, the stuff tastes 100,000,000,000x better. And I'm happy with that.

Cassie

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Mmkay. I NEED soda pop. The end. If I don't get enough useless sugar calories, I can't think straight. I can't function. I get dizzy. Refined sugar is part of my balanced, nutritious diet and keeps me alive.

Vitamin O: Orange Slice.
Good for the brain when writing history papers.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I gave up my two cokes a day habit about two years ago, and I feel much better for it! It's Liquid candy, addictive, and oh so bad for your teeth. I do have a big sweet tooth, so I eat more sugary treats than I really should, but giving up soda was VERY difficult. I still crave coke with certain foods.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think too much sugar is not good for you. Also it rots your teeth. I dont really know a way for you to cut down on how much sugar you eat except to say substitute the sugary foods for something less sugery. Yes I know that was some lame advice but all i could come up with lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Missleigh and charity - I know the feeling. I can't go to the movies and have popcorn without a soda to go with it. In my case, I am diabetic and have to cut the sugar out, so it's hard. I am learning to use stevia (got me some cookbooks
) and, as long as you get good quality, it's not bad. I was looking at my favorite site to get stevia, emperors herbologist, and was reading about their green honey stevia. (no, not real honey) According to their site, and a couple other sites regarding this type of stevia, if you mix the stuff in hot water and drink it like a tea, it is supposed to help you lose your sugar cravings. I am seriously thinking about trying this stuff. If and when I do try it, I'll let you all know if it really works.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts