VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yummmm, Loki. I'm gonna have to try your recipe.

I don't eat refined sugars. I try to use Maple syrup if possible, or stevia. I'm not a huge fan of stevia because I can't get past the aftertaste (even though I buy an exceptionally good quality one) I was diagnosed Type II diabetic, so I have no choice but to limit the sweets. I try to buy things that are fruit sweetened, like my favorite goodie, Soy Delicious chocolate-almond ice cream. MMM, it's very nummy and definitely takes my craving for sweets away.

I tried baking some oatmeal, carob, stevia cookies the other day. They weren't bad, but they took forever to bake.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Loki

Keegan, you don't eat way too much anything. You can never have too much fruit.

I eat a lot of sugar. Today's eating involved chocolate and ice-cream. Not very healthy, I know, but you'll see me counting calories and dismissing foods because of their calorific content at precisely the same time that satan installs an ice rink into hell.
If I'm not mistaken...I think I saw a flyer the other day advertising a hellish type of ice rink...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Missleigh and charity - I know the feeling. I can't go to the movies and have popcorn without a soda to go with it. In my case, I am diabetic and have to cut the sugar out, so it's hard. I am learning to use stevia (got me some cookbooks
) and, as long as you get good quality, it's not bad. I was looking at my favorite site to get stevia, emperors herbologist, and was reading about their green honey stevia. (no, not real honey) According to their site, and a couple other sites regarding this type of stevia, if you mix the stuff in hot water and drink it like a tea, it is supposed to help you lose your sugar cravings. I am seriously thinking about trying this stuff. If and when I do try it, I'll let you all know if it really works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts