• I don't know

Votes: 4 10.8%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious

I stayed in a guest house for several months at my temple, with different people sharing the room each week. I noticed that about half of them snored to some degree.

I know I do, but I've been told it's only a gentle snore. Husband's is very gentle, it's more like loud breathing and I find it quite soothing. In any case because my mother is one hell of a loud snorer I have no trouble sleeping with other people's snoring going on.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Apparently I have made quiet snoring/wheezing noises a couple times when I rolled over according to boyfriend. Scary! My mom snores really loud

·
3,936 Posts
I was camping 10 years ago, and my dad shouted from his tent to shut up.

and staying at my sisters a few years ago, she had to come down to the livingroom to wake me up, to stop snoring, but I haven't caught myself snoring since I was a kid.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You need a sometimes option!

I don't usually, but if my allergies are bothering me/I have a cold, yes.

Also I snore sometimes when very, very tired and in a deep sleep, and after I've received general anesthesia.

BF snores most nights, it's a symptom of mild sleep apnea (although it's getting better). It usually doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm actually not sure. I've never had complaints from anyone I've roomed with or shared a tent with so I'm assuming that if I do it must be fairly unobtrusive.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
No, I don't. I've asked the people I've shared sleeping quarters with and they say I don't. My bf does sometimes, and it can be quite distracting.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Nope not a snorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

BF snores most nights, it's a symptom of mild sleep apnea (although it's getting better). It usually doesn't bother me.
I had a bf who suffered from sleep apnea as well. The snoring only bothered me because I would freak the hell out when he would stop breathing. (I would hit him repeatedly until he either woke up or started breathing again). The sleep apnea machine was really bad though too since it made him sound like Darth Vader on steriods.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Nope not a snorer.

I had a bf who suffered from sleep apnea as well. The snoring only bothered me because I would freak the hell out when he would stop breathing. (I would hit him repeatedly until he either woke up or started breathing again). The sleep apnea machine was really bad though too since it made him sound like Darth Vader on steriods.
It used to really scare me, because his chest would go in and out like he was trying to breathe, but there would be no air intake. He hasn't done it in a while, though.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

It used to really scare me, because his chest would go in and out like he was trying to breathe, but there would be no air intake. He hasn't done it in a while, though.
Exactly. Glad to hear it's been awhile since that's happened though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've been told that I snore, but I don't think it's too loud. My mom snores really loudly...sometimes it's so loud it wakes you up if you're sleeping in the same room. But now I only sleep with my feline baby, I don't think she minds. She seems to be able to sleep just fine next to me.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Quote:

You need a sometimes option!
I didn't answer on the poll because there's not a sometimes option (although I'm thinking of doing the light snoring option). I usually only snore if I have a cold, allergies, or something that makes my nose stuffy.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Some of my cats snore, it is very cute.
one of my cats snores too, very cute

I don't really know. but i don't think so except for special occasions

·
Registered
163 Posts
My boyfriend says I do sometimes, but that's it's light and "cute" apparently. He snores a bit too, but not badly. We also both grind our teeth and talk in our sleep, and he moves around a LOT. The other night he fell asleep before I did and he was on his back with his knees up and his arms above his head. Bizarre. Sleeping patterns intrigue me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts