VeggieBoards banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Kreeli</i><br><br><b>it sounds hokey, but how you are originally taught to drive often sticks with you, so the key is selecting an excellent school or teacher. they cost more, so most people don't want to go with that option, but it's worth it.<br><br><br><br>
every intersection i approach, i look "left, center, right" before entering it.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Yep. Good ol' Young Drivers of Canada.<br><br><br><br>
They taught me extremely well, and even included emergency manoeuvres as a mandatory part of the curriculum. (swerving cones and peeling off out of danger, etc.)<br><br><br><br>
I was in the car with a friend who went to the same place when she had to use one of those techniques. Someone came up behind us, brakes not on and ready to rear end us. She saw it and took immediate action, swerving ahead and to the side, out of the way.<br><br><br><br>
When we'd stopped, we both looked at each other and said: "Good ol' Young Drivers!!" then both had relief heartattacks...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
1vegan,<br><br>
I know, it can be a big mistake. When I thought I was a good driver, I was comparing myself to the habits I saw in other people, such as I always always wore my seatbelt, never drove faster than the speedlimit (unless you're going to get technical and call 2.7 mph faster than the speedlimit 'speeding'), avoided conversations with passengers, and didn't drive with the radio blasting.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts