VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Shopping : make a list, get in, get it, get out.

Groceries: I'll see what veggies are the best/best priced, and see if I can make dinner with that and something else. It can take a few minutes to decide.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I hate shopping. People often wonder if I'm really a girl because of this.

I get in, get what I need and get out. I hate when I can't find what I need and have to wander from one store to the next.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sometimes. I like to go into town and browse in the bookshop for ages, then either buy a book or grab a magazine, then get a soya vanilla latte and sit by the war memorial in the square. We've got a very pretty and historic town square so it's nice to just sit there.

After that I may consider doing some proper shopping. Maybe.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Another girl here who hates to shop. I actually kind of enjoy grocery shopping though, except the part when I have to give them my money. Anyway, I generally know exactly what I want, I go in, get it, and get out. Unfortunately, I'm often too particular about what I want, and thus can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only female that hate's shopping. Especially during Christmas!! I usually take a list with me, and will waver from it if I see something on sale that the family needs. I perfer to catalogue shop for things other than groceries. I can look at a catalogue for hours at home when I have the time, and when I'm ready to order 1 call does it all.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Mostly I know what I want before I go. I will, on occasion, go to the mall just to walk around with my daughters to kill an afternoon and have lunch out.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I usually have a general idea, but I do find myself in housewares shoppes with no plans, and I like an afternoon at the flea market or junk emporium. You don't plan to buy something at the junk emporium.

I hate, loathe, and despise shopping malls. I also detest them and feel that they suck. However, they help to keep SUV's, SUV-sized strollers, and giggly teenagers off the streets and therefore they play a vital role in my shopping enjoyment.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerks View Post

I hate, loathe, and despise shopping malls. I also detest them and feel that they suck. However, they help to keep SUV's, SUV-sized strollers, and giggly teenagers off the streets and therefore they play a vital role in my shopping enjoyment.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post

I hate shopping. People often wonder if I'm really a girl because of this.
Its the opposite for me, I really love shopping and people tend to wonder if Im a woman trapped in a mans body

Sometimes I'll go with something specific in mind and then leave. Other times I like to just wander around for a few hours checking stuff out.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
50/50. I seem to be most succesful when I go shopping with nothing specific in mind and then find something and love it and realise I've been subconciously looking for that sort of thing for a while. Happened a couple of weeks ago with a pair of boots I found. I guess cos I go with no expectations.

Otherwise, I might see something I like when window shopping and will go back to buy that specific thing.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
And I prefer strip shopping to shopping centres/malls, definitely, unless I'm being very specific and know I won't be there for more than 30 mins. Far less stressful or stimulated and I like to stop at a cafe in between or go down back alleys which you can't do at malls which consists entirely of chain stores.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Its the opposite for me, I really love shopping and people tend to wonder if Im a woman trapped in a mans body
But it's not just the shopping that makes people wonder that

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
If it's food shopping, I have a list AND I stick to it, too (and I use coupons, too).

For everything else: it really depends, but I'll usually have lists for that, too. I HATE being in a store and not remembering what I came there for.

But to go to a mall to shop? I'd rather do my own dentalwork.... blindfolded.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts