VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
In addition to JAPANESE I also request anyone thats wants to learn GERMAN with me, that would be equally good.

Possibly other languages as time goes on, but those are the two

I want to begin with...Cheers all.... Hope to get some interest!!!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I know enough french to get by for a while in Quebec... but I wouldn't be classified as bilingual.

Est ce que fromage avec ce soir? Et tu est la salle de bain!

Damn I'm good.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyFaile

he reads our PM's?
creepy
I don't really think he does, but remember awhile back someone asked him if he knew if Poesia and Rich sent gushy PMs back and forth even though they're in the same house.

And what's heterolingual? Does that mean you speak the opposite language from something? Whoa... that's a term I never heard in Spanish Linguistics.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You have to get used to budda's twisted sense of humor
, skylark: he was making a play on bi vs. hetero, as in -sexual.

·
Registered
445 Posts
apple you always impress becasue because you like trying new things no matter how difficult!!! Well i know a tiny bit of spanish. but i admire people that have the patience to learn another language!! its hard!!! and i wanted to drop out of spanish and it is even probably the second easiest language since most of the words are similar to english
ohhh well

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mouse

You have to get used to budda's twisted sense of humor
, skylark: he was making a play on bi vs. hetero, as in -sexual.
I know, mouse, I know.
I was joking back. Sometimes people can't tell when I'm being serious or sarcastic, so if it seems odd, assume sarcastic. Wait... maybe I'd rather have the default be serious. Oh, I dunno!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
quote Loki:
Quote:
Actually i don't know any languages, just a few obscure english dialects!!!
Can you do Scottish???? Some can be really hard to understand...specially for Americans

I am and have always been a frustrated language student...have ryed to learn Spanish but I have enough trouble with English thanks

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I want to learn German because my grandfather was German (I never even meet him!) Pretty weak reason, but I would also like to go to Germany one day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Spanish & Irish (Gaelic). Few words in Portuguese/Italian/German/French etc...purely touristy stuff from visiting & having foreign friends in College.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Finnish, English, Swedish, French, Spanish, German (in order of excellence
) Us Scandinavians have to learn lots of languages if we want anyone to understand us.
Heehee. Anyway, I took English, Swedish and French in school and Spanish and German just came from somewhere. I'm fluent only in Finnish and English (almost at least
), Swedish is quite OK but the rest could do with a brush-up. I also know some phrases in Italian and Malay

Oh and Finnish most resembles the Hungarian language which Oatmeal described above

21 - 40 of 49 Posts