VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i know some french, thanks to the crappy french immursion school i went to. they taught us the wrong dialect, but whatever.

pick something easy at first, cause once you learn a language or two it's easier to branch out into others, a lot of languages are very similar, like i can understand some spanish because it's very similar to french in some aspects.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
konichiwa!

erm....

hajimema****e, watashi wa LadyFaile desu, dozo yoroshiku.

that's about all i know, i took an introductory class in college as an elective, we didn't learn much of the language, just how to read and pronounce words but not what they mean or how to put them in a sentence LOL

i might try to learn more one of these days though, i still have all my old notes and am thinking of going back and re-learning it all, as little as it is.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i know i know what that means but can't remember

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
odd coincidence i just have to point out, my mom's first language is german but she doesn't remember any now, and her screen name is MsMouse

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
he reads our PM's?

mouse, you can't be cause my mom would never call herself catlovin'. cat-toleratin' more like.

though wierder yet, your profile says you're in missouri, and most of my mom's immediate family live in KC and area

creepy

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Riceboy, can you explain to me the difference between Gaelic and Gailge(spelled wrong probably, sorry)?

i know someone from Ireland living in Scotland, but originally from Hong Kong. i bet he has an interesting accent anyway
but he's always going on about the two not being the same but won't give me straight answers as to why. short attention span

i think german would be easier to learn than japanese, i used to flip through my mom's old german dictionaries and it doesn't seem all that hard, and would make it easier to learn a ton of other germanic languages.

also if you learned latin first you could easily learn other latin-based languages

1 - 6 of 6 Posts