VeggieBoards banner

Do you eat poptarts?

12K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Tesseract 
#1 ·
This is the first thread I've so if it's weird that may be why.

I don't know about you but I really enjoy (and always have) enjoyed eating poptarts. However before eating one I don't think I would ever think about poptarts having gelatin in them. But all of us vegans & vegetarians luck they do. :-( anyway, I just thought I would share this with everyone.

#28 ·
I've never tried them cause poptarts are way too sweet for me, but I thought I might pass the information along.

Nature's Path makes gelatin-free frosted and unfrosted poptarts, and, at least here in Canada, you can get them in all the stores that cary Nature's Path breakfast cereals and bars (which is pretty much *everywhere* now... that brand has really gotten huge in the past two years).

Here are the ingredients of the Frosted Blueberry tarts

Organic wheat flour, organic evaporated cane juice, organic evaporated cane juice invert, organic palm oil, organic whole wheat flour, organic apples, powdered sugar, organic corn starch, organic vital wheat gluten, organic dextrose, organic blueberries, organic rice starch, sea salt, baking soda, organic blueberry flavor, organic honey, organic molasses, cream of tartar, rice bran extract, citric acid, colored with powder juice vegetable extract (from plants), organic vanilla flavor, algin, sodium citrate, monocalcium phosphate, whey protein isolate. (too bad these two ingredients makes them unvegan...)

link http://www.naturespath.com/products/snack_foods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.