VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have had 2 convertables 1 VW Rabbit and a VW cabolite (sp?) They where cute but neither laster very long. You just need to watch the seals so they do not leak. Otherwise I would love to have another convertable or at least a sun roof ( I had a jetta w/ a sun roof. And yes all of my cars that I have owned where VWs)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks!! I got home about 45 min ago. Been cruisin' for about 3 or more hours. Drove to this friends and that friends, through the park, listening to 6 of my fav CD's. Wow! It was really really fun to drive it on the freeway. I'll admit; I was a little scared at first. It's like, you pull up along side a truck and realize that there's not this bubble over you. You don't realize how much different it feels not to have a top until you actually get on the freeway.

We pulled out of the dealership, me following Ol'e Besty (my 98 S-10). Drove for about 5 minutes before coming to the first light. I propped my arm up towards the back of the passengers seat, kicked my head back, and took a deep breath smiling the whole time. I just couldn't friggin help it. When I opened my eyes, there was my b/f in front of me doing the 'raise da roof' thing with his hands which made me laugh. I looked side to side, and both people where kind of smiling. One dude gave me the thumbs up. I couldn't wipe the **** eating grin off my face even if I tried. At that moment, I realized that all the hard work I put in was finally paying off and how far I'd come from back in the day, and starting getting all teary-eyed. It's crazy. I wouldn't have dreamed it 10 years ago. Never.

Anyhow, it's a fun car. I had it up to 90 for a minute on the freeway. I couldn't go any faster cause it felt like it was too fast. I had the truck up to 100 before and it didn't feel half as fast as 90 does in the Stang. The truck kicks back if you try to go over 100..sort of like a saftey or something I think. But then again, the speedometer only goes to 100. The Stangs goes to 120. Logic tells me that it probably goes up to 120 and kicks down. I'm to chicken to try and get it up there and there's really no where to test it out.

I'm like floored. It may take awhile for this feeling to start to water down. I've got full strength adrenalin right now! WOOT!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
BTW, this is ol'e Betsey. She's a work truck now. We're going to be starting our own business soon (as a side project to see how it goes) and need the truck to haul equiptment. She's still pretty though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hahahah..I like that. I've been thinkin' of personalized plates too (is that too vain?)..I might as well have fun with it, hey?

What about these:

Plan B

N Vested

Sal E

Stang In

Livin LG

N V None

No N V

Hmmm...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice Marie. I thought about it again.. what about GO TPLSS. It can be up to 7 letters/numbers and 2 spaces. Help me out here..I've always wanted a special plate. I'm livin' out my mid life crisis..hehehehe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Please do! What the heck is a backwards word? Like back asswards??? hehehe

I should be cleaning the kitchen right now instead of playing

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah, it could mean a couple of things. I wonder if someone already has it though. I mean, it was easy enough to think of. DK, you have a creative mind..Think of something..Please :bats eyelashes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
how bout UCK FIT...do you think the BMV would figure that out and deny it?? Remember pig latin? I could always spell something out that way too...hmmm..ITCHBA..ha!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.