VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally wear clothes until they are falling apart on me then buy a heap at a time. Recently I bought 2 pairs of work pants and about 8 work shirts! Its awsome. I cant understand people that can buy one thing at a time it drives me crazy to have just one t-shirt or something and have nothing that goes with it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just shop constantly......its bad.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I would prefer to buy everything at once. Unfortunately I am very picky and sometimes it takes me a long time to find what I am looking for.

So I might buy a whole bunch of tank tops and t-shirts all at once, but when it comes to things like pants, jackets or shoes, it takes me FOREVER to find something that fits me just right and looks good.

I'm in the middle of changing my style and I'm still not done after 6 months of it. But that's mostly because summer is almost over so now I need to start on the fall/winter clothing like sweaters and stuff.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I hate to shop and hate spending money in general, so I try to take very good care of the clothes I already own. I'm still wearing quite a few clothes I got while in high school--12+ years ago. And I work out in T-shirts that are 15+ years old.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Some days I wear a brown t shirt. Some days I wear a black one.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My New Year's resolution for this year was to dress more awesomely, so I upped my style considerably after that, but that just meant gradually making and purchasing awesomer clothes as I found them and making an effort to look as awesome as possible with what I have available. I tend to shop at thrift stores and yard sales, so it's not easy to buy in bulk...

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

I tend to shop at thrift stores and yard sales, so it's not easy to buy in bulk...
Same here. Almost all my clothes are hand me downs or from the thrift store.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
i usually go for something specific and end up with other things as well

like yesterday i went to get a new dress for a my birthday party and ended up with 3 dresses, a belt, cool rocker pants and a bra. and i still want to go buy some shirts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Same here. Almost all my clothes are hand me downs or from the thrift store.
Yeah, hand-me-downs too.

My mom calls it 'free garage sale' when you got to someone's house and they say, "Oh hey, this box is all stuff I'm getting rid of if you want any of it..."
I get a lot of stuff that way. And the occasional ladies clothing exchange.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hate spending money as well and still regularly wear shirts from 5 years ago when i was in high school, and i don't have a style.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I've gone from being a cool trendsetter to a suburban, Vera Bradley-toting menopause matron in a disappointingly short period of time.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

I hate spending money as well and still regularly wear shirts from 5 years ago when i was in high school, and i don't have a style.
Same. I so need to get a new wardrobe but have no idea where to start.

I have 4 fancy black dresses though.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Lol i just realized it totally sounds like i graduated like 5 years ago, but i was a sophomore, i only graduated last year, just to clear that up, the clothes i have are from my sophomore year though.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I pretty much just wear black, makes things easy

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:

So all at once then?
I guess eventually it really is going to be all at once. At this point I really just haven't got around to it. Like 90% of my clothing, above mentioned ugly brown shirts included, is military issue. Other than that, a couple pairs of pants (literally, 2), some generic work shirts, a couple well worn Zhejiang University shirts, and then in complete contrast, a $1,000 fitted suit for interviews, special occasions, etc lol... I'm trying to normalize myself, but it's hard

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

I guess eventually it really is going to be all at once. At this point I really just haven't got around to it. Like 90% of my clothing, above mentioned ugly brown shirts included, is military issue. Other than that, a couple pairs of pants (literally, 2), some generic work shirts, a couple well worn Zhejiang University shirts, and then in complete contrast, a $1,000 fitted suit for interviews, special occasions, etc lol... I'm trying to normalize myself, but it's hard
In my world a 1,000$ suit is not normal.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:

In my world a 1,000$ suit is not normal.
I'm not into suits or expensive clothing at all, it's an investment thing. It's already paid for itself several times over because, well, people are judgmental and it makes for a good first impression. Other than that, when it comes to clothing and style I am completely indifferent.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts