VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time trying to go vegan in my house since everyone else here eats meat. I came home today to leftovers from a late christmas dinner... plates of ham and chicken and tons of sweets that i just cant eat.

it all looks really good, but i left it all alone
I'm just wondering, does it ever get any eaiser? will i ever come home to this and just be able to think 'meh, whatever' or are there a bunch of you out there that still sturggle with this all the time?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think it gets easier. I used to get cravings allll the time for certain foods, and then one day they just went away. I think it happens gradually. Maybe it's different for every person.

Congrats for choosing not to eat anything that was tempting.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Yes - and not only do the cravings go away, but most of the stuff becomes completely unappetizing. Really.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm recently going through the whole craving thing myself since I've only been vegetarian for about 3-4 months. I've found that it gets easier a little bit over time. I don't really get cravings for red meat much anymore, though still have chicken and fish cravings. I'm hoping those will eventually become less frequent too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try addressing the cravings but focusing on having a perfectly balanced diet. Cravings come from body's need (easy to fix) and emotions (not so easy to fix).

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Yes - and not only do the cravings go away, but most of the stuff becomes completely unappetizing. Really.
amen to that. i used to want chicken everyday when i first became veg, now it turns my stomach.

course, it is diff for everybody, but it's not a battle forever. ^^

·
Registered
343 Posts
It will get easier, but right now it's probably best to just try to avoid temptation. I'm in the same boat - I'm going vegan and I have a real fondness for ice cream and other sweets that aren't vegan.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I have been vegetarian for over two years and vegan for a year. I still crave cheese and certain foods when I see them. The memories of how much I loved eating them comes flooding back. But the thought of actually eating them is not appealing or even an option. I don't know if that makes sense, it's just how it is for me.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I've been veggie for 13 years and I still get tempted when I see a plate of prawns on the table at xmas time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.