VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read somewhere how there's different types of vegetarians and some eat fish. I wont cause I'd rather not eat anything with a face.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
No. They are pescatarian

Lacto-Ovo vegetarians eat eggs and drink milk.
Lacto Vegetarians drink milk but dont eat eggs.
Ovo vegetarians eat eggs but dont drink milk

Vegans eat nothing that comes from an animal, including milk, eggs, honey and usually avoid wearing or using anything that an animal produces such as wool, silk, leather and cosmetics tested on animals.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

There are, however, a lot of people that call themselves vegetarian whilst still consuming fish. That's where all the confusion comes from.
True ! Apparently it is trendy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A lot of lacto/ovo/pescatarian say their vegetarian because it's easier than trying to explain (and/or justify) eating fish/dairy/eggs, especially when you're at a restaurant.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwashi7 View Post

I just read somewhere how there's different types of vegetarians and some eat fish.
This is in the same way that preists of a certain religion have become notirious for confusing celibacy with only having sex with choir boys.
Quote:
I wont cause I'd rather not eat anything with a face.
Extend that into "won't eat anything that is animal whehter it has a face or not" and then you are a vegetarian

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Fish are not vegetables.
I've done this one before but the what the hell ...

Whenever I am offered fish as a vegetarian option I ask for some fish seeds so I can grow some in my own garden.

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
According to science, fish is meat.

According to some religions, fish is not meat.

I don't believe in the latter but I don't bother getting my panties in a bunch when I encounter those who do.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Animals-mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, bugs, incests
Plants
Minerals

That covers everything here.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

My chocolate isn't a vegetable, does that mean I'm not a vegetarian?
But chocolate comes from a tree so it's a vegetable lol.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwashi7 View Post

I just read somewhere how there's different types of vegetarians and some eat fish. I wont cause I'd rather not eat anything with a face.
"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." Abraham Lincoln

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

According to science, fish is meat.

According to some religions, fish is not meat.
Exactly, my mother says she dose not eat meat for lent on Fridays but still eats fish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.