VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am questionable about this.

I understand that this board is on health issues and being vegetarian, but I was also wondering if most of you take into consideration physical fitness
as well...

I'm asking because I used to run (3 mi a day) and stuff but hurt my knee
and haven't been able to work out for months now... i am wondering if I will ever get back to it (probably will
)

So does everyone in here actually make an effort to exercise, like with an organized shedule/routine?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The most exercise I get is walking around campus every day. It's sad, I know.

My goal for this year is to start exercising. I convinced my mom to buy a treadmill, so I'm hoping to use that a lot during the summer.

Although I recently started doing 100 crunches every day. Working on my abs

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lately, yes. I need to lose this last 15lbs and just counting calories isn't working anymore. I usually go outside for 30 minutes to exercise, usually its jogging, but sometimes I play with my dogs (as opposed to just sitting on a chair and playing/petting with them inside :p) or rake. My backyard is pretty big, so the raking will keep me busy for a while, I'm still not done. Tuesdays I also use a weight room for around an 60 to 90 minutes

Next year I plan on using the gym at the college I go to 4 days a week.... but that's just a plan. ;D

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I get some serious exercise almost every single day. I either run four miles or do a 50 minutes cardio sculpt tape (like when it's too cold to run in the morning). When I'm completely sick of my tapes, I do go to the gym and use the eliptical machines and the treadmills there. And while my compulsion to exercise does have something to do with health, my veg*nism really doesn't - eating more healthy stuff is just a nice benefit of not eating animals.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's my goal to start exercising this year, but then again that was my goal last year.... and the year before..... I randomly exercise every now and then, but not regularly enough to actually say that I exercise. I walk everywhere I go if that counts.... yeah I should really get on that exercise thing

·
Registered
400 Posts
I run at least 40 mins a day. Usually outside (unless it's pooring down or snowing) I really want to start lifting weights and do Pilates. Both for toning. Yoga is a favorite of mine too. I try to make it to about 3 classes a week. It's pretty expensive though so I'm thinking about bying a Yoga DVD instead. That way I can do it at home for a lot less.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I go to the gym twice a week for a bit over an hour, and I do 25 sit ups a day. I try to cycle or walk too but that's proving a bit hard in this weather
I want to up my gym visits because I have no reason not to go - it's a 15 minute walk away and because I work in the cafe there I can use it all for free.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I take tae kwon do class three times a week, but I don't bother to make it up if I miss a class (or a week of classes).

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Didn't the old server have a bar warning everyone they were in the teen forum? Or was that just women's health?

·
Registered
164 Posts
My friend and I work out at the gym 4 or more days a week. Also, Illinois is the only state that requires you to take PE all throughout highschool so I get another hour in at school.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

Psst: this is the Teen Forum, I just wanted to remind everyone just in case.
oops!

Without my bifocals I can't read that small print
!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Quote:
Also, Illinois is the only state that requires you to take PE all throughout highschool so I get another hour in at school.
Are you sure? I'm in NY and we have to take it all 4 years also. I definitely wouldn't consider the gym at my school exercise though... especially with my class this year. :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Umm, does it count as exercise if you take whatever sport is on offer at school and looks like the easiest to learn each term?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't go out of my way to actively 'do exercise' but I try to keep active e.g. walking when I can (and running to work late every Saturday!)...and juggling with clubs is actually pretty good exercise too (although I haven't practised very often lately), especially if you do under-the leg throws!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts