VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of months, I have been experiencing some bouts of dizziness. It feels similar to car sickness: dizzy, nauseous, aggravated by motion. Sometimes it will last all day, or a few hours. It makes doing most anything uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what might cause this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I eat plenty.. I have seen some of the posts of what other people on the board eat in a day and I think that my diet is fairly similar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried to think over what could be reasons for this, including diet, medications taken, etc. and I haven't come up with anything significant that has changed for me in that area, or would be a source of problem. Basically, I thought perhaps someone would have had a similar experience and might have a suggestion of something unlikely, or just something I hadn't thought of. I hate running to the doctor each time I feel badly, and don't find them very helpful in general, but if I keep feeling this way I suppose that's what I will do. I just wanted to cover more resources before that.

Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Any new medications? Getting enough sleep? Change in daily activity? More stressed than normal?

All of these could contribute to being dizzy. Really examine your lifestyles within the past month or so. Even the slightest change in your life could be a cause. So check that out, and if none of those are the answer...then I would highly suggest visiting a doctor.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Are you anemic? I am, and it's recently worsened, and because of it I get fairly bad dizzy spells. It can come from a lack of oxygen being sent to your brain through your bloodstream, and it can last for hours, even all day.

You should have that checked out. See a doctor about it. The thing is, dizziness and nausea are symptoms of many things. A professional sort of test would be the best way to figure this out. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
sinus allergies? when my sinuses act up my ears get blocked, i've been dizzy the last few days because of it. normally i'd suggest an ear infection but not if it's lasted months with no other symptoms.

although.. my brother once hit his head in just the right way that it did something to his inner ear and he'd get motion sickness just standing or turning his head or watching tv. it lasted quite a long time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Chook, it occurred to me that it may be something like that, because it's very similar to feeling sick from spinning in circles, etc. where one's equilibrium gets out of whack.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Have you been using a Sit-N-Spin? That will make you dizzy.

But seriously, folks, I had dizzy spells when I changed offices just a couple months ago. I had never had them before and it kinda freaked me out. My new office had florescent lights in it (doesn't anymore, thank god!) and I've heard of florescent light sucking the vitamins out of you. So I think I would agree with others here that it may be a vitamin deficiency of some kind.

Another thing, florescent lights vibrate at a different rate than a computer screen does, so I though it might be that, too. Too many conflicting waves. As soon as we got floor lamps in the office, my dizzy spells went away. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My uncle has a condition that makes him dizzy. So dizzy that he falls down and can't stand back up. He's on medication that controls it and hasn't had a spell in months. If this doesn't get better, see a doctor. I would hate for you to be driving or something when you get dizzy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Have you been using a Sit-N-Spin?"

NO! But that's how it feels

Thanks for all the suggestions. If the problem continues I will see a doctor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.